Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Turkish citizenship by ancestry

Yanıt
Old 20-12-2013, 19:14   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Turkish citizenship by ancestry

great greating for everybody in this web site.
thank you very much for your great effort to answer the question

iam ibrahim m... syrian citizenship 30 year old my grandfather's grandfather was turkish and i have record from othmanian record in syria state that he came to syria with military service.

my question can i grant the turkish citizenship
1-should i provide original paper with stamp
or a copy is enough
2-can we return back to othmanian record in turkey.
3-how much it will take to get it.
4-should i resedence in turkey for time or speak turkey.

thanks in regard
Old 02-01-2014, 15:36   #2
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
great greating for everybody in this web site.
thank you very much for your great effort to answer the question

iam ibrahim m... syrian citizenship 30 year old my grandfather's grandfather was turkish and i have record from othmanian record in syria state that he came to syria with military service.

my question can i grant the turkish citizenship
1-should i provide original paper with stamp
or a copy is enough
2-can we return back to othmanian record in turkey.
3-how much it will take to get it.
4-should i resedence in turkey for time or speak turkey.

thanks in regard

Dear İbrahim,

According to the Citizenship Law article number 7, you can only obtain Turkish Citizenship if your mother or father is a Turkish Citizen. You will not be able to get a Turkish Citizenship through your grandfather's citizenship status.

It seems like only way for you to get Turkish Citizenship is to reside in Turkey for 5 years and make a citizenship application or if you get married with a Turkish Citizen , then apply for citizenship after 3 years of marriage.

Best regards,

Av. Gamze SHARMAN
Old 19-08-2015, 13:49   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan Turkish citizenship through grandfather

Dear Sir,
My grandfather was a Turkish citizen and came to Egypt in 1930s
My question is can my father apply for Turkish citizenship and obtain it, THEN, when my father obtains it CAN I obtain it from my father?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kerim.
Old 19-02-2016, 09:38   #4
Av.Kadir ORUÇ

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Dear Sir,
My grandfather was a Turkish citizen and came to Egypt in 1930s
My question is can my father apply for Turkish citizenship and obtain it, THEN, when my father obtains it CAN I obtain it from my father?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kerim.
Dear Kerim,
First of all I advice you to read 6 th and 7 th Articles of Turkish Citizenship Law.(You can look here:http://oruchukuk.net/turkishcitizenshipact.htm)
Then your father must prove that his father was a Turkish citizen. He (your grandfather) must be registered as a Turkish citizen in the Civil Registry Office of the district in Turkey where he left in 1930s.
If you succeed to prove that, your father may apply to the Turkish Ministry of Interior Affairs for Turkish citizenship. If your father lives outside of Turkey, for example in Egypt, he may apply to Turkish Consulate for the same purpose.
Then, when your father acquired Turkish citizenship, you can apply in the same way.
I hope it helps.
Kadir ORUÇ
Attorney
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish Citizenship Konuk Turkish Law 7 17-10-2013 09:53
Turkish citizenship through Turkish Mother PROBLEMS Konuk Turkish Law 2 04-09-2012 10:46
Turkish citizenship Konuk Turkish Law 9 02-01-2012 17:54
Turkish citizenship for foreign students Alim Turkish Law 1 01-07-2008 10:13
Turkish Citizenship Law Kathy Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:48

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03758788 saniyede 16 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.