Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Turkish Traffic law - primary roads

Yanıt
Old 19-10-2006, 09:47   #1
Kim

Varsayılan Turkish Traffic law - primary roads

Dear Sir, Madam,

We are confronted with an accident of one of our insured members. He claims that in Turkey traffic on primary roads has right of way. Is this true? And if it's true, can you refer to a specific article of the Turkish traffic law?

Furthermore, can you explain how it's possible if the primary road has right of way that the police rapported that our insured was liable for the accident, tough he was driving on the main road and this was clear to all the parties involved?

Thank you in advance for your trouble.

With regards,

Kim van Rooijen
Old 19-10-2006, 12:03   #2
Av.Mücahit

Varsayılan

Dear Kim,

Would you explain the accident in detailed form. And also please write me what do you mean with right of way exactly.

Kind regards,
Att. Mucahit
Old 19-10-2006, 14:55   #3
Kim

Varsayılan Turkish traffic law

Thank you for your reply on such short notice.

Our insured was driving on a primary road, passing a small village every now and then. In one of those villages he passed an intersection when a car coming from the right crashed into our insured. The car from the right claims priority stating that when there are no signs, traffic from the right has right of way (=priority). Our insured states that in Turkey traffic that comes from secundairy roads that lead to a residential area has to give priority to traffic following primary roads, even tough there are no signs. In short, a big street beats a small street.

Our insured also states that a week later another accident took place on the same intersection, and that the police found the car coming from the right liable for that accident.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kim
Old 19-10-2006, 16:54   #4
Av.Mücahit

Varsayılan

Dear Kim,

According to your explanation it seems to me that your insured member is right. Normally in Turkey, cars on the primary roads has right of way, especially if there is no traffic lights and signs.

However, if you could fax the report to me, I can give you more certain answer?

Regards,

My Fax No:+90 212 220 74 21
My Email:mcigdem78@hotmail.com
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish Inheritance law Konuk Turkish Law 70 17-09-2018 05:13
Turkish civil liability and Turkish contract law Question Turkish Law 8 29-08-2011 08:51
I Want To Marry A Turkish Man Finny Turkish Law 4 25-02-2010 11:02
Turkish Contract Law Reid Turkish Law 6 04-12-2003 18:28
Turkish Traffic Law Alessio Turkish Law 1 17-08-2003 23:53

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03681993 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.