My husband was dead in Turkey 23 Oct last year due to an accident occurred in a hotel (building collapse), we are Hong Kong citizen and l m living in Hong Kong, I would like to know when will the police finish the investigation and how can I sue the hotel for negligence?
You do not have to wait for police investigation; your situation includes very complicated and different possibilities which is impossible to answer from here.
It will be on behalf of you to consult a Turkish Lawyer.
Do you have any references for a lawyer? ASk someone to advise you a lawyer who is anglaphone and specialist on compensation law.
Regarding the compensation law in Turkey, there is a "no win no fee" principal, does it mean that I do not have to pay any cost on this kind of case? Because some lawyers said I have to pay attorney fee, labour and time expenses plus contingency fee, and some lawyers said I have to pay contingency fee only, therefore, which one is a legal practice in Turkey?
1. Compensation law takes place under civil procedure law in Turkey.
2. There is no no win no fee principal in our law system.
3. There will be two different types of costs for plaintiff when filing suit. Attorneyship fee and litigation costs.
4. Plaintiff has to pay litigation costs to the court counter just before filing suit. Some part of this fee may be named compulsary, some may be named contingency fee. When the case finalized, the money that has not been used during litigation (remaining of litigation costs that paid earlier) are given back to the plaintiff by the court.
5. Plaintiff will have to pay attorneyship fee with the condition that being not lower than shown at The Minimum Attorneyship Fee Tariff when made Contract of Attorneyship. This fee (approximitaly at least 10 percent of the matter in dispute) has not to be paid in advance.
6. If you wholly win the case, you will have the right to get all your litigation costs from the opposing party. In this case you will also have the right to get attorneyship fee decreed by the court according to The Minimum Attorneyship Fee Tariff from the opposing party.
7. Normally this second attorneyship fee is of the attorney representing you at the court according to the Attorneyship Law. But you may agree contrarily that it will be of the client if attorneyship fee decreed by the court is collected from opposing party in the future, while making contract.
8. If you partly win your case, you will also have to pay attorneyship fee (if represented by attorney) and litigation costs of the other party according to percentage of winning situation.
9. The person who files suit, has to bare results of it.
I hope this helps and you do not need to ask any more question.
Thanks for the advice.
And anyone can help me to translate to English please?
ASLİYE CEZA MAHKEMESİ
Dosya No : 2013/54 Esas
ANKARA NÖBETÇİ ASLİYE CEZA MAHKEMESİ'NE
Mahkememize ait 2013/54 esas sayılı ceza dava dosyamıza ait müştekilerin beyanlarının tespiti için yurt dışında bulunan adresine talimat yazılmasına karar verilmiş ve buna ilişkin Türkçe evraklar yazımız ekinde gönderilmiştir.
Evrakların tamamının Çince tercümelerinin yaptırılarak iki takım halinde mahkememize iadesinin temini,
Rica olunur. 12/03/2013
Eki: Türkçe talimat evrakı
UYARI : Bu talimat evraki Uyap Bilisim Sistemi üzerinden tevzi edilmistir .Talimatin fiziki olarak gönderilmesi halinde, sistem tarafindan otomatik olarak hazirlanan "Talimat Tevzi Formu"nun çiktisini alarak fiziki evraka ekleyiniz !
Ankara court will translate Avanos Court's letter to Chineese, send it back and then Avanos court will send these chineese document to complainant.
my lawyer asks me to find a social security expert to write a report about "the standard version of calculation of compensation" because the living standard in Turkey and Hong Kong are different, the court will only calculate the compensation based on Turkey's standard, however, as my son and i are living in hong kong, the cost of living is higher than in Turkey.
please advise what can I do as I have asked lawyers in Hong Kong, they really have no idea what to do. So, is witness statement useful for this case? or report from social welfare department is acceptable?
|Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)
|Konu İçinde Arama
|Code Of Civil Procedure/civil Process Order
|any online tools for case law in Turkey
|in case of divorce
|In case of a divorce
|Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.