1. There shall be established a Committee on the Rights of Persons with
Disabilities (hereafter referred to as the Committee), which shall carry out
the functions hereinafter provided.
2. The Committee shall consist, at the time of entry into force of the
present Convention, of twelve experts. After an additional sixty ratifications or
accessions to the Convention, the membership of the Committee shall increase
by six members, attaining a maximum number of eighteen members.
3. The members of the Committee shall serve in their personal capacity
and shall be of high moral standing and recognized competence and experience
in the field covered by the present Convention. When nominating their
candidates, States Parties are invited to give due consideration to the provision
set out in article 4, paragraph 3, of the present Convention.
4. The members of the Committee shall be elected by States Parties,
consideration being given to equitable geographical distribution, representation
of the different forms of civilization and of the principal legal systems,
balanced gender representation and participation of experts with disabilities.
5. The members of the Committee shall be elected by secret ballot from a
list of persons nominated by the States Parties from among their nationals at
meetings of the Conference of States Parties. At those meetings, for which two
thirds of States Parties shall constitute a quorum, the persons elected to the
Committee shall be those ...
(Şerh No: 9171 - Çeviren: Av.Nur Hayat BURAN - Tarih : 24-12-2010)