Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

inheritance law - reserved portion

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 12-06-2012, 22:03   #1
Konuk

Soru inheritance law - reserved portion

Hello!
Could anyone please inform me about which family members have rights to "reserved portion" according to turkish inheritance law ? Is it only children, spouse, parents and siblings or can be and someone else ? Can it be a cousin ?
The case : unmarried woman with no children passes away abroad (she had turkish AND foreign citizenship). She owned a real property (house)in Turkey.She was an only child (had no siblings at all) and her parents had passed away before her. Her closer relatives are 4 cousins of her children of her parents ' s siblings)
She had a will made abroad accordind to which her only beneficiary is a woman friend of hers. This will is already legally recognised as valid by Turkish Court.But it is not clear to me if this beneficiary is now the only owner of the inheritance (house)or there is a "reserved portion" for her cousins. Please help me!
Old 18-06-2012, 17:28   #2
Av.Kadir ORUÇ

Varsayılan inheritance law-reserved portion

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hello!
Could anyone please inform me about which family members have rights to "reserved portion" according to turkish inheritance law ? Is it only children, spouse, parents and siblings or can be and someone else ? Can it be a cousin ?
The case : unmarried woman with no children passes away abroad (she had turkish AND foreign citizenship). She owned a real property (house)in Turkey.She was an only child (had no siblings at all) and her parents had passed away before her. Her closer relatives are 4 cousins of her children of her parents ' s siblings)
She had a will made abroad accordind to which her only beneficiary is a woman friend of hers. This will is already legally recognised as valid by Turkish Court.But it is not clear to me if this beneficiary is now the only owner of the inheritance (house)or there is a "reserved portion" for her cousins. Please help me!
Dear Konuk,

I hope you find your answer in the 506 th article of the Turkish Civil Code;

ARTICLE 506 : II. Reserved portion
Reserved portion is made up of the following proportions;

1. Half of the legal purparty for descendants,

2. One fourth of the legal purparty for each one of mother and father,

3. (REPEALED PARAGRAPH Official Gazette: May 10,2007 Official Gazette No: 26518 Act No: 5650/2)

4. For surviving spouse, the whole of the legal purparty in case he or she has been heir together with the category of descendants or category of mother and father, three fourths of the legal purparty in other cases.”

Sincerely.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish Inheritance law Konuk Turkish Law 70 17-09-2018 05:13
Inheritance law Konuk Turkish Law 3 19-11-2008 12:54
inheritance Konuk Turkish Law 2 25-08-2008 19:39
Reserved portion Konuk Turkish Law 0 03-03-2007 01:30
Inheritance Konuk Turkish Law 2 06-01-2007 11:59

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03100610 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.