Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Correct Advice?

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 28-10-2005, 11:25   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Correct Advice?

I was involved in a car accident when I was in Turkey in 2004. The Turkish person that I bought my property from later told me there was a claim being made against me through the Courts. Because I don't know anyone in Turkey I asked him to appoint a lawyer for me. I have given this lawyer power of attorney. I have not been sent any more details since the case began.
If the claim is large, I agreed to sell the property that I own in Turkey to pay any claim made against me. The Turkish person has told me that the lawyer says I must put my property in the name of the Turkish person's brother. This seems bad advice and it would also be illegal to do this in the UK. Is there any way that I can check the information being given to me or to appoint another lawyer in Turkey to act for me? Thank you.
Old 28-10-2005, 13:02   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

What claims made against you? I need more information before I advice.
Old 28-10-2005, 13:09   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

Which Court? Do you have claim number
Old 28-10-2005, 13:31   #4
Admin

Varsayılan

This is indeed a bad advice and it *sounds* like a fraud attempt. If they are trying to deceive you, they won't return your property later after you put it under their name.

I strongly suggest you to directly speak to your lawyer and if you don't trust him either since he is hired by the other guy, then find another lawyer yourself.
Old 28-10-2005, 16:43   #5
Konuk

Olumlu

Thank you all for your quick replies.

The main problem I have is that I have not received any documents from either the appointed lawyer or the Court. I have not been given any details of any claim number. I have been relying only on the information sent to me.

Could someone please advise me on the best to way to find an English - speaking lawyer in Turkey, as the 'advice' I'm being given is clearly wrong?

Thank you once again for your help.
Old 28-10-2005, 17:52   #6
Konuk

Varsayılan

If you contact with Law Society in Britian 02072421222.They have English Speaking Turkish Lawyers.

Good Luck
Old 28-10-2005, 19:08   #7
Konuk

Neşeli

Thank you for your good advice which I am taking. Thank you also for taking the time to answer my questions. Your website is excellent!
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Advice on Builder Problems Carol Turkish Law 11 16-10-2006 11:31
Advice On Contracts Konuk Turkish Law 3 02-12-2005 09:22

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04087400 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.