Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Customs Restrictions

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 13-06-2005, 11:18   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Customs Restrictions

I understand that the current Turkish regulations restrict tourists from bringing a pocket pc into the country with more than 128K of memory. As most Pocket PCs have over a thousand times more memory than this, the regulation would seem to be out of date.

Please could anyone advise me as to whether the customs officials still enforce this rule, or whether the criteria have been updated. If the rules are still in force, is there a way to bring a Pocket PC into Turkey?

Many thanks

Richard Bakewell.
Old 13-06-2005, 21:13   #2
Admin

Varsayılan

I haven't heard of such a regulation but I highly doubt there is such a restriction for devices that are brought by tourists for personal use. As a matter of fact I'm quite sure such a restriction can not be on effect at least practically. I believe that the regulation you meant is about importing such a device for trading purposes, not for personal items.
Old 13-06-2005, 23:22   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan customs Restrictions

Thanks for the reply. The websites where I discovered the information are as follows:

http://www.turkishembassy.org/traveltourism/tips.htm

(Turkish embassy in Washington DC and GoTurkey tourist website in the UK.)

I would be grateful for any further advice you can offer.

Many thanks

Richard.
Old 13-06-2005, 23:25   #4
Konuk

Varsayılan Gototurkey.co.uk

here's the other website!

http://www.gototurkey.co.uk/index.ph...73&menu_id=147
Old 14-06-2005, 00:13   #5
Admin

Varsayılan

I agree that it is phrased in a bad way and causing confusion. But I'm positive you'd have no problems at all when you come to Turkey with your personal laptop/PDA regardless of its memory. It should be regarded as "personal effects of the tourist" as it is not something you purchased on duty free shops. I believe the items listed below it just include the merchandise you purchased recently as duty free items, not your personal belongings.

As a matter of fact, in 99,99% of cases nobody will even check (or care) your belongings in the custom so this should never be a problem, but if you want to make sure 100%, maybe you can email Turkish Tourism Ministry or contact Turkish Embassy in your country.

But frankly speaking, I'd never worry about it if I were you.
Old 14-06-2005, 10:25   #6
Konuk

İyi

Mnay thanks for your help!
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish Legal Restrictions On Promotion (marketing) of Attorneys At Law Legal Turkish Law 3 19-02-2005 11:17

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04865909 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.