Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 04-12-2003, 02:57   #1
TP

Neşeli Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul

Can anyone help with this?

I am a UK qualified lawyer of 5 years call. I would like to find out how to search for legal jobs (or lecturing in law at a university) in Istanbul. Obviously, without Turkish citizenship I cannot work as a Turkish lawyer but as a foriegn lawyer in an advisory or consultancy capacity.

Is there a web site specially for legal recruitment in Turkey? Would this help with jobs for foriegn lawyers? If not what is the best path to follow to find such work in Istanbul? Is it common practice to send CV's to law firms?

I have the same questions about university jobs in Istanbul.

If any one can clarify the best approach I would be really glad.

Many thanks

T
Old 04-12-2003, 12:43   #2
Admin

Varsayılan

If you care to give some contact information, I can put your message into our site's classifieds section for starters.

Alıntı:
Is there a web site specially for legal recruitment in Turkey?

AFAIK no. But you can contact general recruitment sites and put a CV there.

Alıntı:
Is it common practice to send CV's to law firms?

Yeah why not. Though the question rise how they can use your service. I think you have find firms that has business with UK law system (eg. UK clients etc.)

I'd also say try "Law English" courses if you don't mind working as a teacher. They are getting popular in Istanbul for the last few years and it is not easy to find tutors who know both English and law. You can check with Istanbul Bar, I guess they'd know best about these courses and I know they were even conducting one themselves a few years ago.

Alıntı:
I have the same questions about university jobs in Istanbul.

Dont bother with state universities but you can check with private universities.

Alıntı:
If any one can clarify the best approach I would be really glad.

I think best approach is to try all of these..

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2003, 13:32   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

Many thanks for help with this!

Law and English sounds like an interesting starter.

I tried contacting the Istanbul Bar when I was giving a seminar in Istanbul a while back, but got no reply. I guessed because they were worried about using English. Is there a good person to contact at the Bar association who knows English?

My contact information is as follows
Mr T. Pomeroy
(Barrister at Law)
email: pomeroy@clerksroom.com
Tel: 0447887641225
Fax: 0448701400055

Kind regards

Toby
Old 04-12-2003, 15:19   #4
Admin

Varsayılan

Have you tried to contact them via phone? +90 (212) 251 63 25

I'd agree with your comment about their not being comfortable with communicating in English but I'm sure someone who can speak English would be available if you phone them. If not, let us know so that we can put them down in our site lol.

You can also try to search "hukuk+ingilizce+istanbul" in google to find courses which have Law English classes and contact them too. I'm sure they'll be more responsive&successful regarding getting back to you in English.

But I'm sure you'll also agree that such business relations would be much better organized if you apply personally here.
Old 04-12-2003, 21:34   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan

Thanks for the help! I tried hukuk+inglizce+istanbul on google, but then realised I couldnt read the results!!! ( lawyers are intelligent people!! : ))
I will try to contact the Bar Association. If you can put a message into your classified section for me I would be grateful.
Kind regards
Toby
Old 04-12-2003, 21:40   #6
Admin

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Alıntı yapılan mesajın sahibi: Konuk
If you can put a message into your classified section for me I would be grateful.

Already done.
Old 24-12-2003, 17:12   #7
sezin

Yeni Fikir

Dear TP,

I 'm attorney at Law at Justus & Benelux Debt Collection and Law office .We have files about lots of countries including U.K .We look for the advisor due to concern U.K files.Our companies main office is in the Nethertlands.

You can find detailed information hereunder webpage and contact with us:

www.justus-turkey.com

Also we would like to have a meeting in our office in Istanbul/Nisantasi

I'm waiting your urgent reply.
Old 27-12-2003, 21:06   #8
Konuk

Varsayılan

This sounds interesting. I will contact you, through the email address on your web site, however please try to contact me through my email address given above. Thanks Kind regards TP
Old 29-12-2003, 12:47   #9
TP

Varsayılan Note For Admin Re: "finding Work"

Dear Admin,
I would be grateful of you can paste my reply to the message from the lawyer from Justus into the Turkish BBS as well. Many thanks
Toby Pomeroy
Old 26-10-2008, 19:35   #10
Tramadol_esserstaini

Varsayılan Your Forum is really wonderful

Your Web Site is really wonderful and I bookmarked it. Thank your for the hard work you must have put in to create this wonderful facility. Keep up the excellent work!
Old 14-04-2009, 02:37   #11
Konuk

Varsayılan would like to work in Turkey as a lawyer -from Australia

Hi, I am wondering if any one could assist me or direct me to a relevant authority in relation to working in Turkey as a lawyer?

Currently I have extensive experience in Contracts, commercial, construction,corporate, criminal and property law working in one of the largest global Construction and Engineering Companies in Australia as a Contracts and Commercial Manager. I have degree in Architecture, Building, Business Management degrees and currently undertaking Masters of Law(Juris Doctor) and planning to finish it this year. I am Turkish and planning to move to Turkey this year upon completion of my degree.

I would like to work in Turkey as a Lawyer in the above mentioned areas of Law and would like to know whether anyone would help me in this field?

Thank you in advance
Old 15-04-2009, 11:32   #12
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Dear Guest(s),

This section of the forum was not allocated and dedicated for putting up notices or looking for jobs, but answering the foreign nationals' questions regarding the issues they encountered in Turkey concerning Turkish law.

I recommend you to put your notices up in the section of the forum that was allocated for career opportunities in order to contact the target audience for finding a job from the following link by getting a membership;

http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Good luck
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Help İn Finding A Law Document Needed Ilia Roubanis Turkish Law 4 26-12-2005 23:43
List Of Work Not Allowed İn Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 0 25-05-2005 14:15
Work Permits Help Please carol Turkish Law 6 24-05-2005 16:27
How To Work İn Turkey İn Law System Frank Turkish Law 6 26-01-2005 15:15
Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul TP Adliye Duvarı 2 04-12-2003 13:32

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04895592 saniyede 16 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.