1. Each State Party shall submit to the Committee, through the Secretary-
General of the United Nations, a comprehensive report on measures taken to
give effect to its obligations under the present Convention and on the progress
made in that regard, within two years after the entry into force of the present
Convention for the State Party concerned.
2. Thereafter, States Parties shall submit subsequent reports at least every
four years and further whenever the Committee so requests.
3. The Committee shall decide any guidelines applicable to the content of
4. A State Party which has submitted a comprehensive initial report to the
Committee need not, in its subsequent reports, repeat information previously
provided. When preparing reports to the Committee, States Parties are invited
to consider doing so in an open and transparent process and to give due
consideration to the provision set out in article 4, paragraph 3, of the present
5. Reports may indicate factors and difficulties affecting the degree of
fulfilment of obligations under the present Convention.