Ana Sayfa
Kavram Arama : THS Google   |   Forum İçi Arama  

Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

What should I do when a Turkish police officer insults me and violates my privacy rights?

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 09-08-2012, 13:03   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan What should I do when a Turkish police officer insults me and violates my privacy rights?

What should I do when a Turkish police officer insults me and violates my privacy rights?

I have a dual citizenship, Turkish and Norwegian, and each time I enter and exit turkey there is a problem at the passport control. Because of a name similarity, I normally wait 10 minutes for the officer to make a call to the headcounters and clear up the situation. This has happened 5 times until now, and every officer I have meet has been very friendly and apologized for the inconvenience.

Yesterday, I took the ferry from Samos (Greece) to Kusadasi. At the passport control witch was a bit busy, the officer made a call from her own mobile phone while controlling other people’s passports, and gave out my personal information such as pasportnumber, birthplace, name, TC-kimlik number (Turkish social security number), parents name etc. This bothered me a lot, it was highly sensitive information given out publicly, and people around me could hear it. I tried tell her that what see did is wrong and expected her to apologize, but instead se insulted me by shouting names at me. In a situation like this, what should my reaction be? I honestly didn’t know what to do when she shouted. Can I take legal action?
Old 13-08-2012, 12:27   #2
Av.Kadir ORUÇ

Varsayılan What should I do when a Turkish police officer insults me and violates my privacy rig

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk

I have a dual citizenship, Turkish and Norwegian, and each time I enter and exit turkey there is a problem at the passport control. Because of a name similarity, I normally wait 10 minutes for the officer to make a call to the headcounters and clear up the situation. This has happened 5 times until now, and every officer I have meet has been very friendly and apologized for the inconvenience.

Yesterday, I took the ferry from Samos (Greece) to Kusadasi. At the passport control witch was a bit busy, the officer made a call from her own mobile phone while controlling other people’s passports, and gave out my personal information such as pasportnumber, birthplace, name, TC-kimlik number (Turkish social security number), parents name etc. This bothered me a lot, it was highly sensitive information given out publicly, and people around me could hear it. I tried tell her that what see did is wrong and expected her to apologize, but instead se insulted me by shouting names at me. In a situation like this, what should my reaction be? I honestly didn’t know what to do when she shouted. Can I take legal action?

Dear Konuk (Guest),

Insulting is a crime which has been regulated in 125 th article (*) of the Turkish Penal Code. You can submit complaint petition both to the Public Prosecutor and to the manager of the officer concerning her act. Public Prosecutor may open a case if he/she has been convicted that collected evidences constitute sufficient suspicion that a crime has been committed. In this case it is the criminal court of peace that will decide whether the act committed has been constituted a crime or not. Besides the manager of the officer may impose an administrative measure on her upon your complaint. You can also may file an action for spiritual damages at the civil court. But all depends that whether the officer is really guilty and faulty before law and regulations in the light of evidences. Her act may be evaluated within legal limits or may be regarded that the officer had no intent of committing a crime.

Best regards.

Offenses Against Honor
Defamation
(*) ARTICLE 125- (1) Any person who acts with the intention to harm the honor, reputation or dignity of another person through concrete performance or giving impression of intent, is sentenced to imprisonment from three months to two years or imposed punitive fine.

(4) The punishment is increased by one sixth in case of performance of defamation act openly; if the offense is committed through press and use of any one of publication organs, then the punishment is increased up to one third.
Old 16-08-2012, 15:09   #3
üye30519

Varsayılan

Well, beside the law there is a "Turkish Police Officer Reality".

They are usually tough guys or girls and don't like to be questioned by lay persons about what they are doing. Of course I believe this is not the majority but exist. And don't be upset just because of a person with bad attitude.

You may take a legal action of course. But I am not sure you can get a satisfying result from the action.
Old 23-08-2012, 16:50   #4
Av. Savaş Tunca

Varsayılan

In this case, you can just say the attitude of police officer is bad or not kind and maybe it was out of professionalism, but I strongly believe that it was not against the law especially not against to (The Turkish) penal code.

I would like to add this also, in Turkey, too much police officer and public workers and off course public prosecutors have cell phones which can be used free of charge to call other public workers or officers therefore they use it often because it is fast and connects officer directly other person who is needed.

Have a nice day without problems and delays...

Av. Savas TUNCA
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish citizenship through Turkish Mother PROBLEMS Konuk Turkish Law 2 04-09-2012 10:46
How to get Turkish work visa after marrying with my turkish boyfriend Konuk Turkish Law 9 17-03-2012 18:39
Turkish civil liability and Turkish contract law Question Turkish Law 8 29-08-2011 08:51

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03783798 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.