Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Finding details of an inheritance

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 15-04-2009, 15:44   #1
Konuk

Soru Finding details of an inheritance

My wife is Turkish. We have 3 young children. She has decided to return to Turkey alone, leaving me and the children, and has asked that we sell the family home and split the proceeds. Her father passed away a few months ago but before the end, said he was leaving her a house and a significant amount of money.

I am now told that she inherited nothing.

Are Turkish wills published? Is there a way I can find out what became of the house and money she was promised?
Old 16-04-2009, 09:22   #2
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Dear Guest,

Wills are generally related the private lives of both inheritors and successors as having some secrets. With this reason, the ones who are not concerned of the inheritance are not allowed to ask/know the content.

The inheritance assets are considered the personal property of a spouse that the other spouse can claim no rights towards. There's no way you can ask the outcome of your wife's inheritance rights and assets as having no legal benefit on. However, if your wife passes away while having a legitimate marriage with you, you can ask for your inheritance rights(which will be around 1/4 of all her property[including the assets that had been inured from her father]).

King regards
Old 16-04-2009, 10:50   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

In English law, on separation, all property must be listed and then its is divided fairly. What I am looking for is information on how much she has inherited.
Old 16-04-2009, 19:07   #4
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
In English law, on separation, all property must be listed and then its is divided fairly. What I am looking for is information on how much she has inherited.

All properties get shared after being listed as ordered in the civil code in Turkish law as well. Yet, anyone who is not concerned with the inheritor, nor the successors has no rights to obtain any information from the list and the properties therein.

I hope it's, now, clear enough.
Old 17-04-2009, 12:02   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan

Many thanks!
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul TP Turkish Law 11 15-04-2009 11:32
Inheritance law Konuk Turkish Law 3 19-11-2008 12:54
inheritance Konuk Turkish Law 2 25-08-2008 19:39
Help İn Finding A Law Document Needed Ilia Roubanis Turkish Law 4 26-12-2005 23:43
Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul TP Adliye Duvarı 2 04-12-2003 13:32

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,06835294 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.