Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Disabled Turkish wife

Yanıt
Old 03-09-2012, 09:02   #1
Inheritance law

Varsayılan Disabled Turkish wife

Hi
Hope somebody can help me.
I have an elderly english friend who has been resident in Turkey for approx 6 years now.
About 4 years ago my friend befriended a local deaf woman who made her living plating hair for tourists on the beach etc during the summer season. This woman had lived in this part of Turkey for years having moved away from her family who she did not get on with.
My friend actually married this girl. Being the kind man that he is and having been in his 80s with his wife being half his age - he decided to buy two apartments - one for his wife to live in and the other for her to rent out after he had passed away, to provide her with an income - knowing that due to her deafness her opportunity to earn a descent wage was very limited.
To ensure that his wife would be guaranteed both apartments after his death he simply put them in her name.
This has proved to have been a BIG mistake as very sadly my friends wife became very ill and passed away in November of last year due to a very aggressive lung cancer. Nobody expected for my friends wife to pass away first being in her 40s and my friend being in his 80s.
However since both of the apartments had been registered in my friend's wife's name we now have some of her family coming 'out of the woodwork' mainly from Istanbul - we are in Antalya- wanting to claim half of 'her' property.

Now my question is that keeping these unique circumstnaces in mind and where its clear that because of my friends wife disabillity she clearly would never had the means to buy property is there any way to contest the automatic inheritance law? It also appears that her family cared very little about her while she was alive and if it hadnt been for my friend she would still be on the streets scraping a living together.
My friend has employed a solicitor- however he has not been very clear or helpful.

Any information would be appreciated
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
What's the right on my wife in Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 1 01-08-2012 14:53
Writing a will; Englishman, Turkish wife Visitor Turkish Law 9 04-07-2012 13:28
How to get Turkish work visa after marrying with my turkish boyfriend Konuk Turkish Law 9 17-03-2012 18:39

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03757405 saniyede 16 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.