Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Question about inheritance

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 31-03-2009, 20:13   #1
Cumulus

Varsayılan Question about inheritance

My parents was killed in a caraccident late last year. My father (turk) died instantly while my mother (finnish) died a month later.
I have discovered that my father have a lot of other children in earlier marriages besides me and my brother.
What are these half-siblings allowed to inherit? I understand that my mother inherit from my father since she passed away a month later.
Can these half-siblings, some who i have never met before, have any right whatsoever to funds or properties that lies solemnly under my late mothers name?
Does it complicate the case if my father and mother where of dual citizenship? Me and my brother are dual.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:09   #2
Av. Balkan Tunalı

Varsayılan

According to the Turkish civil code which have to be applied to your father due to his citizenship, 1/4 of his belongings go to his wife and the rest should be shared equally between his children.
Old 02-04-2009, 19:17   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan Question about inheritance

Cumulus: i'm not a lawyer, but just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for you on 2 counts, about the loss of your parents & about you discovering that your father kept his other children secret from you. I can only imagine the shock to you, but believe me it is not uncommon, I have heard many such stories & have one of my own.

Please don't blame your half-siblings for anything, they are also victims of lies in this. I was a wife of a Turk too and not only did he walk out on me & our kids, but he never told his new wife about our children, he disowned his children for pure selfish & cowardly reasons. I don't know the reasons for your father's lies & secrets, but they were his lies, not that of your 1/2 siblings. Consider that you have gained & dicovered new family members, perhaps a small consolation for the incredible loss of your parents.

Best of luck.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
A question on Turkish estate management Konuk Turkish Law 6 08-06-2010 23:53
Question about Turkish Code of Obligations Question Turkish Law 5 01-11-2009 11:17
property question Konuk Turkish Law 3 15-08-2007 10:34
A Question on Compensation/Family Law Family Law Turkish Law 0 01-04-2007 15:51
Important Question About Concurrent Delay İn Turkish Law gerard Turkish Law 2 08-05-2003 01:35

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03438497 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.