Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Health and Safety

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 14-01-2009, 13:36   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Health and Safety

I currently act for a personal injury Claimant who suffered a serious injury when slipping on the main marble stairway in a hotel in Hisaronu, Turkey. My Client was proceedings down the main stairway in order to attend the dining area for breakfast when she suddenly slipped on the wet floor.

The hotel had a cleaning policy which consisted of hosing down the marble stairway in the morning. The cleaners had not placed warning signs in close proximity to the stairway, although our client was aware that the steps were wet, however, she had no alternative but to use the stairs to attend the dining area.

For the avoidance of doubt, the steps had no non slip grips on the steps.

My question related to the standard imposed upon hotels in Turkey in relation to such procedures and whether by hosing down the stairs the hotel itself is compliant with local standards. My view is that the hosing of the marble stairway just before guests are to use the stairs to visit the dining area is dangerous and wonder whether such a procedure would be considered dangerous under Turkish Law.

I would very much appreciate any assistance/comments in relation to my query.

Thank you.
Old 18-01-2009, 21:36   #2
İbrahim Özkan

Varsayılan

hi;

While ı was hanging around among the articles at website after a tiring day, I noticed your article.
Since I was graduated from a post graduate course related with the occupational health and the safety procedures, I felt the difficulty about your problem.

So I can propose you to apply for information to the ministry of employee office (There is a center named Occupational Health and Safety Center). It is Located in Ankara and the website address is www.isgum.gov.tr

Last but not the least; I also advice you to take into consideration that Turkey has been accepted as the nominee
for the EU. So they have been adopting the EU regulations in the area of Occupational Health and Safety. That's why most of our national regulations are compatible with EU.

I wish the information I tried to provide would be useful.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Safety Standards Laurence Hanley Turkish Law 5 11-07-2007 01:52

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03958702 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.