Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Car Rental

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 06-08-2002, 00:16   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Car Rental

Hello,

I was in Turkey earlier this year and rented a car for a week. It was paid in full in advance and then returned as arranged. The car was never ticketed nor parked illegally during the rental period. The rental agreement was in my name but now the rental company has, over five months later, contacted a friend in Turkey and said there is a fine of 20 million Turkish Lira for some parking fine issued by the police. The company has not to my knowledge attempted to contacted me. Could you explain why they might go to my friend for such a matter and what the liability is?

Thank-you.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:15   #2
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Dear Konuk,
This issue is mostly related with the terms of the car rental agreement, however as a general practice the firms concerned do not accept no responsibility for any fine or payment for the hired car during the vehicle is used by the contractor.

As you have mentioned also that the firm should have got in touch with you about the matter,at least this is a requisite for you to be held liable in terms of law.(I do not know the friend of yours is a guarantor(bail) of your car rental contract, if so the treatment of the firm may be deemed to be true)

Anyhow the legal facts should be revealed by the court if the firm is eager to sue you relating the issue , contary to your statements as not having engaged in a police event.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:24   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

HELLO SIR,
I HAVE JUST MOVED TO TURKEY AND I HAVE TWO AUTO MOBILES. I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS ASKED ME TO DO SOMETHING THAT I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS LEGAL . HE WANTS ME TO LET HIM USE ONE OF MY VEHICLES AS A RENT A CAR KEEPING THE NAME OF THE AUTO INSURANCE IN MY NAME AND NOT THE COMPANY NAME. IF SOMETHING WAS TO HAPPEN TO MY VEHICLE WHO WOULD BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGE ME OR THE COMPANY. THIS WORRIES ME.
Old 03-12-2002, 15:44   #4
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

As far as I am concerned, the automobile ınsurance('kasko') grants guarantee not on the driver but the car.so whoever uses the car the ınsurance will be valid; yet in some exceptional cases the insurance guarantee should not cover the damage such as the driver's being drunk or lacking driver's license, theft...
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Rental Legalaties İn Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 4 27-01-2006 00:35

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,02445292 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.