Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Bankruptcy Law in Turkey

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 01-12-2007, 06:55   #1
Bankruptcy

Mutsuz Bankruptcy Law in Turkey

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to ask you questions regarding bankruptcy of a firm which is holding 50 % by a Turkish owner and 50 % by a foreigner. Now, the Turkish person got financial problems and has to file for bankruptcy. What are the consequences for the foreign owner? Does that mean he'll lose everything? How can he save his property and maybe also the property owned by the other part (Turkish owner)?
Must the the foreigner obey important things, e.g. register at a court?

I'm a German lawyer and maybe you can help me out. Do you know whether your Turkish Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law is very similar to the German law? I tried to find a German version or even an English version of this Law since my Turkish is not as good as yours! But had no luck!

And another question: How do you treat "loan of money" by foreign firms for Turkish firms?
Are there special regulations? And again, does there anybody know, whether this is similar to German law?

Thank you very much for your help... In return I'd love to answer your questions regarding German law.

J.Klie
Old 02-12-2007, 21:00   #2
Konuk

Önemli

Important questions! I also want to invest in a turkish firm and had the same thoughts. What happens if the turkish is becoming insolvent?
Is it better for me to invest in by just loaning money (credit) or is it better to invest in by owning 50% of the turkish firm as an owner?
Old 03-12-2007, 23:23   #4
Konuk

Varsayılan

a limited sirket
Old 07-12-2007, 00:00   #5
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Dear Konuk,

Pursuant to the Article 43 of the Turkish Code Of Enforcement And Bankruptcy Act (The Act) , a natural or legal person should be classified as a merchant (businessman) and/or be subject to the provisions applied for the businessmen, or specifically subjected to the bankruptcy as regards the Commercial Act in order to be legally liable for bankruptcy proceedings.Therefore, a partner of the Limited Company is not one of the abovementioned ones and cannot be subject to the bankruptcy since being a sole partner.The partner may only be eligible for the bakruptcy execution provided that the applicant for bankruptcy (claimant) should prove that the partner is a merchant due to his individual business apart from the partnership.

Also, a claimant may apply for the termination of the company due to the individual debts of one of the partners by seizing his share.You may prevent the dissolution by paying his debts or disenfranchising him (for the companies having more than two partners).
Old 30-11-2009, 18:21   #6
Konuk

Varsayılan

Dear Sirs
I have paid 80%of the purchase price for an apartment in a complex in Bodrum, the developer has just been made bankrupt.

Although I owe him 20%, he owes me (under late completion penalties) 29%. How do I register my claim with the Court?

Many thanks, Andrew
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
homeschooling in Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 4 16-12-2010 23:28
Bankruptcy Continued Konuk Turkish Law 2 03-01-2006 16:24
Bankruptcy Konuk Turkish Law 1 31-12-2005 19:30
Rta İn Turkey dave_w50@hotmail.com Turkish Law 1 17-12-2003 17:02
RTA in Turkey Rachel Rees Turkish Law 3 18-02-2002 21:58

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04884505 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.