Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Joint Ownership

Yanıt
Old 06-04-2015, 19:13   #1
jenny

Rahatsiz Joint Ownership

Hi,

My questions is regarding joint ownership of Turkish real estate shared by two British citizens.

My ex husband and I purchased an apartment in 2004. We were divorced at the time but I still carried his surname. We verbally agreed at the time of purchase that this property should be bequeathed to our children, however, there are no wills. My ex husband does not use the property much now and has decided to sell his share. Given that I have been solely responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the apartment, at considerable cost, (he has always objected to any expenditure.) I am totally opposed to this proposed sale.

Can he sell over my objections and without my knowledge. I should add athe Tapu senedi is in both our names as half share owners.
Old 13-05-2015, 21:51   #2
üye25928

Varsayılan

Well. What was court decision about the real estate which you bought?

He can sell lt to some one else. But you can buy lt even he sell some one else. You have right to buy as first in all by law.
Old 11-06-2015, 15:56   #3
EBRU EKŞİOĞLU

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan jenny
Hi,

My questions is regarding joint ownership of Turkish real estate shared by two British citizens.

My ex husband and I purchased an apartment in 2004. We were divorced at the time but I still carried his surname. We verbally agreed at the time of purchase that this property should be bequeathed to our children, however, there are no wills. My ex husband does not use the property much now and has decided to sell his share. Given that I have been solely responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of the apartment, at considerable cost, (he has always objected to any expenditure.) I am totally opposed to this proposed sale.

Can he sell over my objections and without my knowledge. I should add athe Tapu senedi is in both our names as half share owners.

Hi,
Your ex-husband can not sell his share before offering it to you first. As a shareholder you have a preemptive right on his share. If he sells his share to a third person without offering it to you first you can send a notice to the buyer and your ex-husband indicating that you have that right. If they do not accept you can file an action against them and you can certainly win.

Regards.
Old 18-03-2017, 14:48   #4
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan EBRU EKŞİOĞLU
Hi,
Your ex-husband can not sell his share before offering it to you first. As a shareholder you have a preemptive right on his share. If he sells his share to a third person without offering it to you first you can send a notice to the buyer and your ex-husband indicating that you have that right. If they do not accept you can file an action against them and you can certainly win.

Regards.
In this question there is only one problem whether you are gonna know he sell or not. If he sold his share with your knowledge via notary warning; you have 3 months to take back his part from the owner with the price it shows on deed of real estate. However, if he didnt declare this buy and sell, you would have 2 years to take back this estate. After this period you could not use your preemptive right
Old 03-10-2017, 11:30   #5
KraasivaMak

Varsayılan Joint Ownership

Can I file for joint divorce, using the 3 forms mentioned, without a separation agreement?
Old 05-10-2017, 17:37   #6
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan KraasivaMak
Can I file for joint divorce, using the 3 forms mentioned, without a separation agreement?
Could you ask this question under divorce section? http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/showthread.php?t=2668
There is 4 requirement for joint divorce.
1) at least one year marriage
2) Couples should apply court together. Or one of them should accept the case.
3) the agreement on the financial consequences of divorce and the status of children
4) Judge will listen both sides.
You can find some letter of applications online. However, I believe that to follow the case properly as a non-native, you better need to hire a lawyer.

Kind regards.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Joint ownership Konuk Turkish Law 1 02-12-2011 13:01
Joint Ownership of Property Konuk Turkish Law 1 08-10-2009 17:27
Joint Propert Konuk Turkish Law 0 18-07-2009 10:26
Car ownership Berry Turkish Law 3 20-02-2009 13:39

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04319096 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.