Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

marriage contract - prenup agreement

Yanıt
Old 06-09-2008, 15:11   #1
Konuk

Soru marriage contract - prenup agreement

Hi all,
Here is my situation.
I am an EU citizen and will soon get married with my turkish boyfriend that I know for about 3 years. We live in Turkey.
He is the owner and manager of a small hotel here in Turkey and has been running it for the last 7 years (he bought the property 7 years ago )
Last year, I quit my job to come to live with him.
We are know running the place together and it's doing very good so far.
I am not working officially but he gives me a decent salary for my work and for me to feel independant financially. ( I don't have to pay for any rent or food, basically it is just pocket money)
Of course, we are in love and I don't want to think about divorce but I definately want to secure myself.
I know I will have no right on the property as everything has been purchased by him (only by him) and before we will marry.
But in the meantime, I do contribute to the improvement and business of this hotel (I can speak several languages, have improved many things, organization skills, etc)
Also, if things go wrong, I don't think I will stay in Turkey and will probably go back to my home country and start everything all over again (If we break up, I obviously loose my job!)

Does anyone have any idea of what could be done in terms of prenup agreement (what would be fair to me and to him in case of a divorce). I know it is not very common in Turkey but I really want to make myself secure because even if Turkish law says that I am entitled to 50% of what has been bought after marriage, this law doesn't allow me to get anything from the hotel (even if I am working here as if it was my own business).

Can anyone tell me where I can find information about mariage agreement in Turkey in English.

I have another question in terms of inheritance law.
My boyfriend has a son from a previous relationship (the child was born abroad and has never visited Turkey). He has never recognized his child legally, he just visited him once.
If I understood correctly inheritance turkish law, so far, as there is no other children involved in our relationship, this child (who is still little) if he wants to or if his mother makes some research about turkish law, is entitled to 75% of all the assets in case of death and I would only have 25%. Is that correct?

Please don't hesitate to give me any kind of advice or suggestions.
Thank you very much
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
confidentiality agreement/gizlilik sözleşmesi limpid Meslektaşların Soruları 7 12-08-2008 10:54
contract Konuk Turkish Law 1 08-07-2007 12:03
Must a purchase agreement be in Turkish? Nic Turkish Law 5 20-11-2006 12:46
Recıprocıty Agreement Between Uk And Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 5 02-11-2006 13:12
Help Please-Marriage Konuk Turkish Law 5 17-12-2002 17:36

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04125595 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.