Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Court decision

Yanıt
Old 30-05-2007, 10:36   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Court decision

I am seeking information about the result of a recent case in the Antalya Court of First instance held on 24/05/07. The file number is 2004/498. Can anyone help please?
Old 30-05-2007, 13:26   #2
Av. Süleyman Emre Ötün

Soru Which Court ?

Hello!
You must write which court! Then I can translate your message in other forum sections of the site. So maybe someone help you.

..emre..
Old 30-05-2007, 13:41   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

Thank you for your reply. The court is Serik.
Old 30-05-2007, 15:18   #4
Av. Süleyman Emre Ötün

Varsayılan More Clearly

You must write more clearly to find out which court you mean.

Probably in Serik, these courts are set:

SERİK ASLİYE HUKUK
SERİK SULH HUKUK
SERİK ASLİYE CEZA
SERİK SULH CEZA

In which one the case may be seen?

And just add the plaintiff name if avaliable..
Old 30-05-2007, 18:10   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan

Sorry, I didn't know there were different courts.

Court is: SERİK ASLİYE CEZA MAHKEMESİNE

Plaintiff: Anadolu Anonim Turk Insurance Company
Old 31-05-2007, 13:27   #6
Av. Süleyman Emre Ötün

Varsayılan

Someone has replied that he can look into the file in June 6.
I wait his reply.

By
Old 31-05-2007, 14:03   #7
Konuk

Varsayılan

Thankyou for your information.
Old 31-05-2007, 16:18   #8
lady barrister

Varsayılan

Hi,
If you still haven't been replied I live in Antalya and while I am on my way to Alanya I canm look at your file. So th,s means that you are a defendant. arent you
Old 31-05-2007, 16:30   #9
Konuk

Varsayılan

Thankyou too for your help. Yes. (The owner of the hire car is the other defendant).
Old 04-06-2007, 22:41   #10
Konuk

Varsayılan

Can you please help me. I need to write a letter to someone stating that my lawyer did not help me as she should have with the property settlement side of a divorce. I am really at a loss right now as to what to do. It's been 9 months since my divorce and she nor the courts have sent documents to the village where the property is. Is there a Turkish board for legal complaints. Thank you.
Old 06-06-2007, 21:01   #11
Av. Süleyman Emre Ötün

Varsayılan Appeal?

Once the court decision must be an applicable decision.
Before the court decision will be an applicable decision, the decision must be sent to attorneys of the sides, and if they make an appeal, the file must be sent to supreme court and the supreme court must give a decision about it.
Now, do you know if the decision was sent to the supreme court for appeal or not.(Turkish supreme court for this case is "Yargitay")

Old 07-06-2007, 11:37   #12
Konuk

Varsayılan

Sorry, I don't have any details. Following earlier advice from this forum because I didn't think I was receiving correct information through a third party, I contacted another Turkish lawyer. I also showed him evidence that the third party who was giving me 'advice' had also told me to make to make an untrue statement to the police in the UK "following the advice from your lawyer". I refused to do this.

After agreeing to pay his stated fees, the new lawyer has not given me any information regarding the court or replied to any of my recent e-mails. Who can I trust to tell me the facts?
Old 07-06-2007, 23:56   #13
Av. Süleyman Emre Ötün

Varsayılan

Hello!

Sorry! But, the things you have written make the matter more complicated!
You need to keep the contact with your first lawyer. The contract still remains between you and her.
I must say that i don't understand what you mean as you say third party. Is he someone who replied you in this forum?

_______
Emre
Old 08-06-2007, 08:35   #14
ecesaka

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Sorry, I don't have any details. Following earlier advice from this forum because I didn't think I was receiving correct information through a third party, I contacted another Turkish lawyer. I also showed him evidence that the third party who was giving me 'advice' had also told me to make to make an untrue statement to the police in the UK "following the advice from your lawyer". I refused to do this.

After agreeing to pay his stated fees, the new lawyer has not given me any information regarding the court or replied to any of my recent e-mails. Who can I trust to tell me the facts?

Hi...
I think you have to call your second lawyer and ask about the details of your court... It's better to keep in touch with your own lawyer. She/he can give you the true information about your court. If you don't know his/her telephone number, I think you can find his/her number by this link; http://www.antalyabarosu.org.tr/avukatliste/index.php The relationship between you and your lawyer, must depend on trust... I think you have to trust to your lawyer about his/her decisions.
Old 08-06-2007, 15:21   #15
Konuk

Varsayılan court decision

Trust your Turkish lawyer you say??!!. While surely there are good, honest lawyers, most take advantage of foreigners, charge outrageous fees in the thousands for doing little or nothing. Just ask any foreigner what their experience with Turkish lawyers have been like???.I recently asked a lawyer for his hourly fee to handle an uncontested divorce, he said he did not charge hourly, instead, quoted me a fee of $15,000 USD. Oh, and it was someone from this forum. Something tells me you won't be approving this for posting, so much for honesty.
Old 08-06-2007, 15:49   #16
Admin

Varsayılan

Hello,
Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
he said he did not charge hourly, instead, quoted me a fee of $15,000 USD. Oh, and it was someone from this forum. Something tells me you won't be approving this for posting, so much for honesty.
I wouldn't suggest you to find your lawyer from internet (including this site and forum). I know you don't have many options considering you are abroad but finding a lawyer from internet is really a bad idea. This is worse for Turkish lawyers because Turkish lawyers are obligated (by law) to NOT to solicit or advertise in anyway or in any form!

So if you find a lawyer from internet by following advertisements or contacting someone who contacts you, the lawyer you found will be someone who does not care about obligations he is bound with. Can you trust such a person with your precious legal case?

Additionally we are a law-abiding forum who does not allow any kind of solicitation in our platforms so we don't even allow repliers to give their email/business address in anyway, or even hint they can shoulder your case personally. Our goal is to provide a platform where our foreigner visitors can get free asistence but we don't support, nor encourage meeting visitors with lawyers. Therefore please ask your questions and get answers here, but ignore any kind of soliciting emails you get in your email address. Also please remember that when you post your email into the forum, anybody who is reading here can contact you even if he is not a member of this board.

So frankly speaking we would prefer you NOT to post your email address in the first place, but we don't forcefully remove it when question owner prefers this way.
Old 08-06-2007, 15:51   #17
ecesaka

Varsayılan

I meant the relationship between you and your lawyer must depend on trust... In every situation you have to learn the details about court and case number and etc...

By the way, I've thought you were the guest who asked the first question... Sorry for the mistake.
Old 08-06-2007, 19:54   #18
Konuk

Varsayılan

Thanks for your replies Emre and Ecesaka.

My original post outlining my problems was at thread 4387

This first lawyer holds power of attorney and is still representing me.

The problem is that he doesn't speak English, so the only information I was getting was from the 'third party' who is the builder mentioned in my first post. (4378)

I wasn't aware of making any official statement to the police when I was in Turkey, so at the request of the Turkish court I later gave one to my local UK police. The builder e-mailed me and told me make to make an untrue statement to the UK police and said it was "following the advice of your lawyer". I ignored his suggestion and gave the police a true account of what happened.

The UK police then showed me a document written in Turkish, which was also sent by the court. (I did sign this document when I was in Turkey after being told that it was only "to say that I had helped the police with their enquiries"). There was no English translation of this document with my signature on it, (because I didn't sign one) but there was a translated copy of the Turkish document sent to the UK police, which they also showed me.

This Turkish document had been used as my statement in earlier court hearings but it was certainly not a correct account of what happened.

If I had been given an official translation of this Turkish document when I was in Turkey, or had been offered the service of an English speaking lawyer at the time, I obviously wouldn't have signed it.

Following the advice from this forum, I contacted another English speaking Turkish lawyer from the British Consulate website, who said he could liaise with my original lawyer and then give me the information. I agreed to pay his fees but have heard nothing from him regarding the last court hearing despite many requests for information.

However, in answer to another of my questions to him, he did tell me that because I bought my villa and signed the paperwork outside of the Land Registry, I may not own the property. Several other English buyers also signed for their property at the same builders office following the builder's 'advice'.

I've never received my own Tapu but after telling another English buyer what I had recently found out, he showed me his Tapu which was sent to him by the same builder. It has not got his photo attached and is not stamped by the Land Registry, so it is probably worthless.

It is complicated. This is why I'm asking for help on this forum. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2007, 00:27   #19
Konuk

Varsayılan court decision

Thank you moderator, all you say is correct. I did not provide my contact info., but I contacted a lawyer on this forum as he indicated his contact info. at end of his response. But aside from his eagerness to overcharge, I think this forum is excellent, very helpful & informative with excellent answers & excellent lawyers.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Lawyer Lying In Court To Cover Himself Konuk Problem's Turkish Law 4 25-05-2007 17:02
Divorce - no representation in the Turkish court legaleagle Turkish Law 1 20-02-2007 15:02
European Court Of Human Rights Konuk Turkish Law 3 09-01-2005 12:30
Translation Of Court Terminologies İn Turkish Konuk Turkish Law 1 16-12-2003 22:13

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,06015706 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.