Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Divorce Between Canadian & Turk

Yanıt
Old 10-04-2003, 18:45   #1
Konuk

Rahatsiz Divorce Between Canadian & Turk

Merhaba,
My father is a Canadian married in Turkey before 2001 to a Turkish woman. She has left the home for two years and he cannot find her but wants to divorce. I read that Article 136 of the family law in the civil code, designs the husbands' house the address of the wife, even if they are separated and she is not living there.
Is this still effective?
My father 's lawyer has sent 2 summations for her to come to court but we never get confirmation that she receives the summation. What options does he have if his wife who is living in Canada and does not want to be found? here in Canada we have the new Privacy Act, that makes it nearly impossible to find someone who does not want to be found. She is waiting for his death only but he wants to fix his life before it is too late. Excuse my doubts about the Turkish legal system, but should my father be bribing the judge in order to get justice. So far, what he have seen in 14 years is far from being a very fair system. No offence to Turks in general but there is alot of corruption in the courts.

My father has put two properties in her name because she falsely told him he could not own property as a foreigner. He is old and does not speak Turkish well. He risks losing all his life savings to this woman and is devastated.
Also, he is presently waiting to receive his Turkish citizenship.
Will he have all the same rights as a Turkish man once he has a Turkish passport? Will he be able to keep his property if he wins in court?

I realise I have alot of questions but after two years of trying to help my father I am getting very frustrated and feel powerless.
I thank you very much for your time.
Techecular.

brea pelletier
Old 11-04-2003, 12:28   #2
Marmara24

Varsayılan

Sure you should not be bribing the judge.Corruption in courts is a common problem of countries with economical problems.I can not answer all of your questions at the moment but ı will return to you later.One thing to say your father will have the same rights when he receives turkish citizenship, some restriction might occur for a certain period of time though.
Old 11-04-2003, 13:45   #3
Admin

Varsayılan

Since your father is a canadian and his wife is now in Canada why doesn't he try to divorce in Canada?

Alıntı:
should my father be bribing the judge in order to get justice

Don't even think about it.

Alıntı:
Will he have all the same rights as a Turkish man once he has a Turkish passport?

yes

Alıntı:

Will he be able to keep his property if he wins in court?

According to your explanation, I'd say no..Properties are on her name now and it would be very hard to prove otherwise.
Old 28-04-2003, 14:09   #4
Konuk

Varsayılan

why do not you try to obtain professional legal advice?
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
divorce mary Turkish Law 12 22-10-2009 16:05
Canadian Husband Files for Divorce in Turkey canada Turkish Law 4 09-06-2007 17:24
Foreigner Divorcing From Turk Konuk Turkish Law 1 25-07-2005 14:05
Turk Vatandasligindan Ciktiktan Sonra Miras ?! Selami Hukuk Soruları Arşivi 1 27-02-2002 03:46
Divorce Pernille Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:55

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03426099 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.