Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Work Permits Help Please

Yanıt
Old 26-01-2005, 15:50   #1
carol

Varsayılan Work Permits Help Please

we are looking to set a small family bussiness up in turkey, either a small hotel or bar, we are not sure where to start. we would like to know if we would automatically get a work permit for myself, wife and 2 daughters 17 and 20, anybody with any information on how to help us would be aprechiated, thankyou carol
Old 26-01-2005, 17:00   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

Dear Carol ,
If you want to open a hotel or a bar , according to me , it is the best place to work in Turkey is "Didim". It is a small turistical place in İzmir.The foreign population is increasing there day by day.The next days I can help you for more information.
Burcu
Old 26-01-2005, 17:54   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

thank you for your reply burcu, we are looking for a hotel or a bar in maybe calis or ovacik area as we like it here. we prefer it here to izmir, we just need to know if we are allowed to work here before we enquire further thank you carol.
Old 26-01-2005, 18:25   #4
Dr.Öykü Didem Aydın

Varsayılan

Hi Carol,

I need to know where you come from and whether you are an EU national before providing you with detailed information. Carol American? Or Carol British? Or else? In the mean time, just take a look at what I had written under "Working Permits But Between Jobs" rubric (Answers 4, Readers 66). The question there was not the same, but still, my answers partly apply to your situation as well.

In your case, and provided that you are a EU national, an independent work permit together with the provisions of the new Foreign Direct Investment Law might apply.

Sincerely,

Dr. Didem Aydin

Associate Professor, Attorney at Law

Alıntı:
Alıntı yapılan mesajın sahibi: Konuk
thank you for your reply burcu, we are looking for a hotel or a bar in maybe calis or ovacik area as we like it here. we prefer it here to izmir, we just need to know if we are allowed to work here before we enquire further thank you carol.
Old 26-01-2005, 18:59   #5
Dr.Öykü Didem Aydın

Varsayılan Starting up a tourism enterprise in Turkey

Hi again,

I have just given you a short answer, and I would like to add something to that:

Foreign enterprises that would like to invest in the tourism sector in Turkey are subject to the "Foreign Investment Law" together with the "Law on Promotion of Tourism"

Before the former law got amended, it stipulated that the investment by a foreign enterprise had to be profitable and beneficial to the development of tourism in Turkey. Investors needed to file an application before the Undersecretariat of Treasury first, in order to obtain a "Permit and Encouragement Certificate" for investment. This certificate was a document that allowed the establishment of a company in Turkey and information on the participation of foreign capital. It was also possible to obtain an indication for the state aid measures to be gained upon the realization of the project. Upon receipt of the "Permit and Encouragement Certificate", a foreign investor could receive all the privileges and state aid measures provided to local investors.

The new investment law, which is more liberal does not even require a formal application before the mentioned Undersecreteriat but as I know from the practice, The Undersecreteriat has still been playing a significant role in foreign investment issues, and an array of procedures are still being held valid even after the passage of the new law. So, it seems that what I have written in the previous section still remains valid. Perhaps, the best way for you here would be to initiate an inquiry before this institution: Contact competent authorities at <www.hazine.gov.tr> or <www.dtm.gov.tr>

This said, residence and visa requirements will be dependent upon the decision on your investment plans. First of all, you should set up a company in Turkey. In case you have an already set up company in your home country, then you can open a branch here.

On the other hand, you can also buy land to build your hotel onto or buy an present hotel and start to carry it on.

There is an array of possibilities. You should know what you exactly would like to do.

Sincerely,

Dr. Didem Aydın

Associate Professor, Attorney at Law

Alıntı:
Alıntı yapılan mesajın sahibi: Konuk
Old 03-02-2005, 22:24   #6
Konuk

Varsayılan

Dear Carol,

You can contact Turkish Embassy.Also there is an other organisation called Turkish Law&Human Rights Centre.They are very good..Tel:02072410056

Regards
Old 24-05-2005, 16:27   #7
Konuk

Varsayılan

Dr.Öykü Didem Aydın

I have heard recently that working for an Estate Agent as with Bar working, has now been added to the list of jobs that a foreigner now cannot do, and Turks only are allowed to do, is this true?

thank you inadvance of your response.
Sarah
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul TP Turkish Law 11 15-04-2009 11:32
List Of Work Not Allowed İn Turkey Konuk Turkish Law 0 25-05-2005 14:15
How To Work İn Turkey İn Law System Frank Turkish Law 6 26-01-2005 15:15
Finding Work As Lawyer Or Lecturer İn Istanbul TP Adliye Duvarı 2 04-12-2003 13:32
Subject: work/residence Permit Nataşa Turkish Law 10 05-06-2003 20:14

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,05094290 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.