Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Financial Responsibility

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 07-12-2006, 19:35   #1
Izmir Expat

Varsayılan Financial Responsibility

I live with my mother inlaw who recently has not been able to pay certain bills in her name. Along story short the police and a few other men came to our home to take possesion of things of value to cover the debt. I was told that even the things that are in my name and that I have the reciepts to prove it could be taken to cover her bills because I live under her roof. What I would like to know is where in the Turkish laws it says this.

Thankyou very much
Old 07-12-2006, 20:19   #2
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Yes it is unfortunately true for you that the goods of the cohabitants which live with the debtor shall be considered as the goods of the debtor, as soon as the contrary is not proven at the court.This is laid down by the "Turkish Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law" at Art. 96.

If you have claimed that the stuff belong to you to the enforcoment officers and this claim was drawn to the seizure records then the office shall send both the creditor and you a notice that the goods were claimed.Generally, the creditor denies the claim and then the dispute of ownership settles by the court.In this case, you shall assume the burden of proof ; that is to say you will have to prove that the goods belong to you through receipts etc. There is a presumption in favor of you that even if you have not proven by documents that tha goods are your own, the law presumes that the goods which are inherently belonging to debtor's children as to their nature or as to customs shall be deemed as their property.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Responsibility for spouse's debts Guest Turkish Law 1 02-11-2006 12:56
Financial And Banking Law Benoit Turkish Law 1 26-03-2003 00:06

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03625107 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.