Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Renunciation of Turkish citizenship / Military duty

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 06-07-2011, 16:12   #1
AydinAdn

Varsayılan Renunciation of Turkish citizenship / Military duty

Hi my names Aydin and I was born and raised in London, I'm a dual citizen and the Turkish government have record of my British citizenship. Both of my parents are Turkish and they registered me as a Turkish citizen when I was born, the problem is I'm now 20 years old, and I've no wish to do my military service wheather it be for a month or a year as I see no point in me paying £4,500 for the liberty of doing it when I don't live in the country, don't benefit from my citizenship in anyway, don't participate in any of it's elections and don't have any plans to move to Turkey either, so rationally speaking I don't see any perks of being a Turkish citizen even though I do love it's warm hearted people and the country its self.

I would like to know wheather it is possible for me to renounce my Turkish citizenship without me completing my Military duty, I want to carry on visiting Turkey and my family there, I hope someone can give me some pointers / advice on the steps taken to renounce my citizenship.

Thanks in advance
Aydin
Old 03-08-2011, 21:32   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

Frankly speaking, it may sound awful to pay something to anyone. But about the national service, you have a chance to defer it untill 38. And I would advice to use this option at the moment. If you regularly visit Turkey, and as you parents would have some property or noone knows what is gonna happen in the future... So it is completely up to you to keep the citizenship or leave it away. But I would suggest to use the defferring option at the moment and decide later as you would pay visa fee everytime you enter the country and you will have to follow the foreigner procedures all the time (if you regularly visit Turkey).
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish citizenship Konuk Turkish Law 9 02-01-2012 17:54
turkish military - Konuk Turkish Law 4 11-01-2009 23:22
Turkish citizenship for foreign students Alim Turkish Law 1 01-07-2008 10:13
Turkish Citizenship Law Kathy Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:48

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,02795100 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.