Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Registering US divorce in Turkey

Yanıt
Old 17-08-2007, 05:01   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Registering US divorce in Turkey

I married a Turkish woman in Turkey 10 years ago and we were divorced three years ago in the U.S. I would like to know how long it will take to register our divorce in Turkey both if she is cooperative and also if she is not cooperative. How do I go about completing the process in Turkey if she does not want to cooperate?

Thank you,
TSA
Old 18-08-2007, 20:08   #2
Doç. Dr. Özge Yücel

Varsayılan

You must take a decision from Turkish courts. She cooperates or does not cooperate, it can be by case. Also the court controls conformity of the decision of US courts to the public order and some rules expressed in the statue 2675.
Old 19-08-2007, 14:54   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan Registering US divorce in Turkey

I will be in similar situation as TSA. I don't understand what is there to co-operate, if the divorce was finalized in the US, does that not mean that all that needs to be done is register divorce in Turkey?. I know it still needs to go through the Turkish courts, but under what circumstance would a Turkish court not recognize a granted American divorce?. I thought the reciprocal laws between our countries recognized each other's decisions, ie: a Turkish divorce would be accepted in the US.
Old 21-08-2007, 09:55   #4
ad-hoc

Varsayılan

Should be reciprocal laws,
US granted decision should not be the case of exclusive competence of Turkish law,
Conformity to public order,
No objections againts rule of law at US courts
Futher; you need apostilled and translated copy of the final decree of divorce.
Old 20-01-2015, 18:57   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan Ayni problem/ same problem, please help..

Hi

I need to register my divorce in Turkey but my Turkish lawyer wants to see some sort of wording in the Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage saying that "final judgment has been made in such and such day within such and such law and its final and no appeal" but in Illinois, they dont do that, according to law in Illinois, Judgment for Dissolution of a Marriage final so thats why they dont put wording like that into Judgment so what I should do? has anybody experienced something like this and what did you do? please help.

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:16   #6
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hi

I need to register my divorce in Turkey but my Turkish lawyer wants to see some sort of wording in the Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage saying that "final judgment has been made in such and such day within such and such law and its final and no appeal" but in Illinois, they dont do that, according to law in Illinois, Judgment for Dissolution of a Marriage final so thats why they dont put wording like that into Judgment so what I should do? has anybody experienced something like this and what did you do? please help.

Thanks.

Dear TSA,

This is a very common problem we face at Turkish courts when we file a case for enforcement of a foreigner court's decision. Sometimes this problem occurs because in the Turkish translation of the court's judgement is wrong.

However in your case, you are mentioning that the court of Illinois did not put into their decision that this judgement was finalized.

Is there any chance to ask the court of Illinois to get this decision explained or request a documentation from court of Illinois that both parties of the divorce case did not take this decision to the Supreme / High court in written form? Can you make such a request and maybe they explain this with a separate documentation?

Is there any chance to ask the court of Illinois to get this decision explained in written form. Can you make such a request and maybe they explain this with a separete documentation?

If this is definetely not possible, your lawyer will need to find the relevant law from state of Illinois that says the divorce cases are not taken to Supreme/High court and they are finalized as they are and get a official/sworn translation of this law prepared to be able to convince the Turkish court.

Best Regards,
Attorney Gamze Sharman
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Divorce Konuk Turkish Law 125 11-09-2023 19:14
divorce mary Turkish Law 12 22-10-2009 16:05
Canadian Husband Files for Divorce in Turkey canada Turkish Law 4 09-06-2007 17:24
Getting Divorce in Turkey Corey Turkish Law 1 23-06-2006 17:04
Divorce Steven Mazel Turkish Law 2 30-01-2002 17:05

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04568696 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.