Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Transsexual Recognition İn Turkey

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 21-01-2005, 14:44   #1
Sarah

Varsayılan Transsexual Recognition İn Turkey

Hello,

I require legal clarification on the above subject please. I shall give you more details as follows:-

I am post op transsexual, British, in a hetrosexual relationship with my british boyfriend for last three years, we intend to marry, as by law, legally in 2006 in the United Kingdom. We intend to retire from the UK and live in Turkey.

Question:-

Would Turkey recognise our marraige, and other aspects that come with marraige.i.e wills, next of kin etc.

Would there be any issues regarding taking up Turkish Residency and citizenship?

Transsexuals do not identify thier past or disclose it even when challanged, would this be an issue?

Your information on this subject would be grateful.
Sarah. G
Old 21-01-2005, 18:23   #2
Dr.Öykü Didem Aydın

Varsayılan Ynt: Transsexual Recognition İn Turkey

Hello Sarah G.

Transsexuals are recognized in Turkey (i.e. a transsexual can apply for a new official identity card etc.), but not transsexual marriages. Yet you do not have a transsexual relationship or marriage (marriage between two transsexuals) but an heterosexual one.

That you live in Turkey will not have any effect on your present official identity. Already, you must have received a new identity card as female. So, you will be considered as a female and your boyfriend as a male, there will arise no problems from the point of view of Turkish law either. Marriage is regulated by the Civil Code and it is defined as the marital bond between man and woman. You are a woman, and your boy friend is a man. You will not face any problems. There will appear no issues concerning kinship and other aspects of your marriage. If you later apply for Turkish citizenship, make sure that either both of you apply or your husband applies. If only you apply for citizenship, there can arise some issues for your husband since foreign husbands of Turkish nationals do not receive Turkish citizenship automatically. But this is valid for every marriage.

Hope this was of some help

Dr. Didem Aydin (Associate Professor, Attorney at Law)

Alıntı:
Alıntı yapılan mesajın sahibi: Sarah
Hello,

I require legal clarification on the above subject please. I shall give you more details as follows:-

I am post op transsexual, British, in a hetrosexual relationship with my british boyfriend for last three years, we intend to marry, as by law, legally in 2006 in the United Kingdom. We intend to retire from the UK and live in Turkey.

Question:-

Would Turkey recognise our marraige, and other aspects that come with marraige.i.e wills, next of kin etc.

Would there be any issues regarding taking up Turkish Residency and citizenship?

Transsexuals do not identify thier past or disclose it even when challanged, would this be an issue?

Your information on this subject would be grateful.
Sarah. G
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Getting Divorce in Turkey Corey Turkish Law 1 23-06-2006 17:04
Rta İn Turkey dave_w50@hotmail.com Turkish Law 1 17-12-2003 17:02
Visas İn Turkey Question Turkish Law 1 23-07-2002 11:56
RTA in Turkey Rachel Rees Turkish Law 3 18-02-2002 21:58
Foreign Lawyers in Turkey Hanne Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:56

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03801298 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.