Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Nick.Rogers@lamportbassitt.Co.Uk

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 27-08-2002, 17:21   #1
Konuk

Mutlu Nick.Rogers@lamportbassitt.Co.Uk

Law relating to personal injury

My client was severely injured on holiday this year. She had paid for a parachute ride behind a speedboat. The owner failed to drive the boat properly and my client was hit in the face by a heavy metal harness. the owner appears to accept responsibility and paid initial hospital medical billls but my client now needs plastic and dental surgery.

I will soon be instructing Turkish lawyers but would greatly appreciate a short outline of the law in this area in Turkey. I imagine there are safety regulations but I don't know where to begin looking. I imagine the claimant has the burden of proof - does anything alter this? Any help or information gratefully received.

Nick Rogers
Old 29-08-2002, 12:24   #2
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Hi,
Your case is mostly related with the Turkish Code of Obligations, particularly the provisions of torts(non-contractual) liability (art.41...)and the contractual liability(art.96...).The burden of proof varies regarding the mentioned legal concepts, as in the torts liability the claimant should assume the whole burden to prove the damage,fault of the offender(s)and the causality; while in the cases relied on the contractual liability just the substantiation of the damage is considered adequate by the applicant of compensation. As you may notice the latter opportunity provides more advantageous terms for the claimant, in any case you would better consult a turkish attorney for details.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04168105 saniyede 13 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.