Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Law On Photography

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 19-06-2005, 13:33   #1
Peter

Varsayılan Law On Photography

Hi,

I'm an amateur photographer heading to Istanbul for some holiday and to do a photo item on Istanbul's street life.
I mainly take photos of people in the streets and of general street life (parks, markets,...)

What is the Turkish law on this matter? Am I allowed to take pictures like that? Or will the authorities when spotted seize my equiment or film? Or even worse?

I know that in Belgium you're allowed to take pictures on any public place of anyone (as long as it are no insulting or intimate pictures) but I'm not allowed to publish these anywhere I feel like if the person on the photo didn't give his consent. If more people are on the photo I do not need everybody's consent.

Can someone please explain to me what are the limits to street photography in Turkey?

Thanks a lot
¨
Peter
Belgium.
Old 20-06-2005, 09:26   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

Peter, I can't quote the law but can relay that I have lived in Turkey for 15 years and have never had any problems taking the sort of photo you describe. The only times I have been told "No Photo" has been outside police stations. [I tried once to photograph a "Moped-graveyard"....NO!
Pretty obviously a military establishment would be even more "no go" and there you could be in big trouble.
Old 25-07-2005, 13:50   #3
Av.Engin Özoğul

Varsayılan

as I know it is not forbidden to take photo in the streets. but you are not allowed to take photos of people's special areas(secrecy of special life). however if you try to take photos of goverment buildings or agents maybe they suspect about you . as a result you can take photos but you must be careful on your objects.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03380489 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.