Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Birth Registration and Custody

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 01-09-2007, 16:36   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan child custody

i have been married 5 year in turkey with turkish woman now we are getting divorced.My question is we have one son who is 4 and half years old i want to get him how can i do that I did talk with some lawyer and he told its really hard to get before he is 7 years old. I am living in sweden now my wife economik possition is not enough for send to school I want him to start to school in here.How can I do it.Thanks for your help
Old 02-09-2007, 21:06   #2
sincap

Varsayılan

It depends on your assertations presuade the judge that welfare for children probably be provided by thus. I do not think any age has importance for such vital conditions
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan Birth Registration and Custody

My husband and I have lived together in the US for 13 years and have been married for 8 years. He is a Turkish and US citizen. I am a US citizen only. We were married in the US. We have a daughter who is 12 years old. To my knowledge our marriage nor her birth have been registered in Turkey.

I discovered he was having a relationship with an old girlfriend in Istanbul that he would stay with some during his 2-3 week visits to Istanbul that occurred several times a year for the last two years. (She is supposedly divorced or seperated from her husband.) We are now legally seperated in the US and I have joint legal custody of our daughter and she resides with me 90% of the time.

My questions if anyone can help:
1. How can I find out if my daughter's birth has been registered? What is the process to register? Would he be able to register her birth without my signature/approval?
2. If she had dual citizenship and he took her to Turkey for a "visit" could he get the Turkish courts to grant him sole custody and to disregard the custody decree from the U.S. courts?
3. He says he wants to register her birth so she can inherit property in Turkey? I thought inheritence laws in Turkey had changed recently. Would she be considered illegitimate since our marriage was never recorded and if so, what are the legal implications?
4. The adultery charge in the US has a bearing on my custody and support outcome and my attorney has indicated it may be helpful to depose the woman in Istanbul. Is there a mechanism within the Turkish legal system to serve process on her and have her deposed by a Turkish attorney that I retain?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50   #4
Konuk

Varsayılan Validity of Child Registration

Hello: earlier this year I registered my son in Turkey through embassy. I received from embassy a document labelled MERNIS DOGUM FORMU, that form listed all details such as father's name, mother's name, father's kimlik#, etc., but no kimlik# was provided for the dependent.

The child recently visited Turkey, showed this document to airport authorities, but was told it meant nothing in Turkey, that it was not proof that he was Turkish citizen and was charged for a tourist visa.

My question: embassy is very unhelpful, I need to know if the registration of the child was done correctly or not and what must I do to ensure he is recognized as Turkish citizen next time he travels to TUrkey?. Thank you.
Old 11-09-2007, 18:34   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan birth registration

merhaba, wow, great forum.

My Turkish husband has recently informed me he is sick of me and of the US and has told me he will move back to Turkey, divorce me and give me full custody of our 5 year old son. I wish to register the birth of our son in Turkey for inheritance reasons as his father owns a lot of property in Turkey. Can someone tell me if registering birth and requesting ID, but not passport is same as requesting citizenship?. I don't want our son to be Turkish citizen as he won't live in Turkey, want to give him dual UK citizenship and don't wish him serving the army. Is it possible for our son to be listed as my husband's dependent for inheritance reasons only? Does Turkey have any laws to exclude foreign abandoned children of Turkish citizens from serving the army?. Thank you.
Old 14-09-2007, 00:09   #6
Av. Balkan Tunalı

Varsayılan how old is your child

dear sir
Your problem might be related to many factors.

please tell me the neame of the country that you have its citizenship and the age of your child.
Old 07-10-2007, 19:35   #7
Konuk

Varsayılan thanka and one more

Thanks your help and i have one more question.
The court will be 23 october and i will be in turkey for 4 days for that.I did talk with my wife and she just said i can see him as long as i go their home but i want to spend time with my son alone how can i do that and can it help me in court when she doing like that.
Where can i find the lawyer and how much will it cost for getting help Thanks again
Old 08-10-2007, 13:38   #8
sincap

Varsayılan

Any lawyer recommendation and advertisement is prohibited by law and unethic as well. You can get information about cost through bar associations' web sites. And where will the case hold? I am very pleased to assisst you now and for future thru THS.
Old 08-10-2007, 15:21   #9
cyprolaw

Varsayılan

I can say that;she has no right to put barriers in front of you on seeing the child if there is no sentence on precaution. But I do not think that , it will help you on getting any benefit to bring forward that she is doing like that.Because, probably she will also bring forward the idea that she is frightened about her child to be kidnapped.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Dual nationality/birth registration Ceylan Turkish Law 5 26-07-2007 15:10
Deed Registration İn Turkey. Konuk Turkish Law 0 05-04-2005 22:24
Decree Registration Konuk Turkish Law 1 03-09-2002 16:59

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04671907 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.