Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Turkish Divorce Proceedings

Yanıt
Old 08-07-2002, 14:26   #1
Konuk

Soru Turkish Divorce Proceedings

I am looking for information regarding how to initiate divorce proceedings. Brief background:

1. My wife is a Turkish Citizen
2. I am an U.S. Citizen
3. We were married in Turkey, in accordance with Turkish laws.
4. We have not been married in accordance with any U.S. laws.
5. We have been married for a little more than 12 years
6. She does not want to get divorced

Questions/Concerns:
1. What do I need to initiate divorce action?
2. What recourse do I have if she refuses the divorce?

Thank you.

randysizemore@email.com
Old 11-07-2002, 19:10   #2
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Dear Konuk,
As far as the Turkish International Procedure Code is concerned if you have a joint place of residence(for example both you live in the USA) the law of the relevant State ought to be applied for the divorce proceedings;In default thereof, the Turkish Civil code and its pertinent provisions governing the said proceedings should be under consideration.
Assuming that the latter case is at hand and regarding your first question: To sue your wife for divorce under Turkish law, you have to apply for the Court(Asliye Hukuk Mahkemesi-Court of First Instance) which has the right jurisdictive competence for your suit.
As to the merits of the divorce, there has been laid an exhaustive list of grounds down by the Civil Code.Those are specifically characterized ones as -desertion,insanity,crime or such conduct,adultery,attempts on life,ill behaviours.The general ground for divorce is the "rupture of conjugal relations which makes relationship intolerable for the spouses".However, the claimant should have less culpability to rely on the (last) general ground, on the contrary, the defendant may advance a corresponding objection to deny the suit, yet this may be dismissed by the court when it forms an abuse of right. In any case you'd better commission an eligible Turkish attorney to perform these actions.
Whatever happens if your wife oppose? Mainly,that is irrevelant for your claim to be rejected, excepting you'd be deprived of one opportunity of mutual agreement on divorce, the rest of the grounds of divorce may justify your demand indeed the relevant stipulations of which were duely existed and the Judge were convinced so.
As I said so a lawyer should prove to be vital to represent your rights suitably before the Court.

Bülent
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish civil liability and Turkish contract law Question Turkish Law 8 29-08-2011 08:51
divorce mary Turkish Law 12 22-10-2009 16:05
Divorce Pernille Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 17:06
Divorce Steven Mazel Turkish Law 2 30-01-2002 17:05
Divorce Pernille Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:55

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03159595 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.