Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

donation under german and turkish law

Yanıt
Konu İçinde Arama Konu Araçları  
Old 09-03-2007, 10:44   #1
Konuk

Mutlu donation under german and turkish law

Merhaba @ all,

I´m a German lawyer writing a phd about donation under german and turkish law...on a German website about Turkish law I found a draft for a new law of obligations...can anyone tell me if it is accepted yet, or when it is planned to be in force...although I don´t expect it to be: are there any changes planned in madde 234-247? Cok tesekür ederim for your answers and selam Türkiye`ye!

Rike
Old 09-03-2007, 13:37   #2
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Merhaba!

The draft on the Turkish Code Of Obligations is prepared, however there is not a deadline or strict date for entry into force.

As far as the "Donation" Contract is concerned , I have not observed any substantial amendments in the comparison between the Code and the Draft, excepting few shifts.In details:

-The Definiton : The Draft Code used the word "commitment (engagement)" when defining the donation contract ; the existing Code stipulates the concept "assignment". (Draft, Art. 284 ; Current Code, Art. 234)

- Promise of Donation : Despite The Draft and the current Code aim at identical purposes, the Draft puts a wide interpretation to the "void " promises of donation and states "the void in shape promises of donation shall be considered as "absolute gift" in case those were performed by the donor" and adds that "the donations the legality of which were subjected to a formal shape are excepted".(Draft, Art. 287 ; Current Code, Art. 238)

-The Liability of The Donor : The Draft replaced the word "fraud", which concept stipulated by the existing law, Art.243 , and excepted only the "gross fault" in Art. 293 when laying down the liability of the donor to the other party. (P.S.: the "fraud" may be considered within the "gross negligence" concept)

-The Period for withdrawal and the Rights of the Inheritors: The draft added the provision as follows:" The Inheritors are entitled to withdraw the donation in the period of a year following the death of the donor, provided that he had not been aware of the ground for withdrawal when alive.

Hope this helps

Att. Bülent S. Akpunar
Old 10-03-2007, 22:07   #3
Konuk

Olumlu Thank you

Thank you so much!
That was quite detailed and very important for me! I tried to translate the draft, but as my Turkish isn´t very well yet, there were still some vocabularies I was really unsure about! So cok cok tesekür ederim for your help!

Rike
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Turkish Inheritance law Konuk Turkish Law 70 17-09-2018 05:13
Turkish civil liability and Turkish contract law Question Turkish Law 8 29-08-2011 08:51
I Want To Marry A Turkish Man Finny Turkish Law 4 25-02-2010 11:02
Turkish Contract Law Reid Turkish Law 6 04-12-2003 18:28
Turkish Traffic Law Alessio Turkish Law 1 17-08-2003 23:53

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04299593 saniyede 15 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.