Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Turkish nationality

Yanıt
Old 24-05-2010, 15:15   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Turkish nationality

Hello ...

i'm an egyptian citizen with turkish roots .. i thought that i maybe able to obtain the turkish
nationality wheras my roots are turkish ..
i have a doucement which proves that my grandfather was borned in turkey
then he came and lived in Egypt
, however i have been told that's not enough to prove that he was a turkish citzen .

My questions are .

1. How to know if he was a turkish citizen or not ?
2 . Where to search about such stuff in order to prove his nationality ?
3 . Any advice on how to proceed ?

thanks ..
Old 06-06-2010, 00:42   #2
ser dar

Varsayılan

Having Turkish roots does not have any effects on acquiring Turkish Citizenship. For the application for Turkish citizenship foreign nationals with Turkish roots are subject to same rules with other foreigner. On the other hand foreigners with Turkish roots have some advantages in residing and working in Turkey.
The citizenship status of your grandfather may be searched in General Directorate of Civil Registration and Nationality.
Old 13-07-2010, 15:51   #3
Konuk

Mutsuz Turkish Nationality

Hello dear lawyers,

I'm Australian born with a Turkish born father. I'm thinking of applying for Turkish citizenship, but don't wish to do army service. I'm 23 and would just like to do a PhD there and vacation in summers.

Question: I read in a Turkish paper about a new law that indicates those applying for citizenship from abroad and who are 22 or older, will NO longer require to serve the army. Is this true & is this law in effect? That information was written in an article in Today's Zaman by a Turkish lawyer. When I asked if it was true, he said "consult a lawyer", which he is, so not sure why he could not say 'yes', or 'no'.

Thank you in advance for your time & free help.
Mike.
Old 20-07-2010, 13:20   #4
ser dar

Varsayılan

There are three different classes of foreigners according to the legislation about conscription. 1-Ecnebi (Foreigner) 2-Mülteci (emigrant) and 3-Muhacir (emigrants who have Turkish ancestors). The law stipulates that the 3'rd group (muhacir) should be conscripted as reserves if they are older than 22.
As each case needs separate evaluation I would suggest you to consult a lawyer.
Old 22-07-2010, 00:27   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan Turkish nationality

Thank you Ser Dar,but does anyone know the answer? My case is very simple:

I'm a 23 year old Australian male
born in Australia
live in Australia
have Turkish born father/grandfather
wish to acquire citizenship

As per Ser Dar, I guess I'm under the foreigner category. Does anyone know what the law says regarding age limitation & army service for this group?

Thank you.
Mike.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:28   #6
Konuk

Varsayılan

Not sure what you should do, but I have heard a lot of cases of military service being unexpectedly required or not required for foreigners who become citizens. Bottom line: there is no guarantee, you might have to do it.
Old 25-03-2014, 17:03   #7
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

Dear Konuk,

There are some categories of obtaining Turkish citizenship and those categories are defined in the Turkish Citizenship Law. I have wrote an article about this before for my own website. For anyone that has questions about obtaining Turkish Citizenship , I would be very happy to refer you to my article: http://www.sharman.av.tr/turkish-citizenship/.

It looks like only way for you to obtain Turkish citizenship would be that you obtain Turkish Citizenship by your Father's citizenship status. It means that if your father has a Turkish citizenship you can obtain Turkish Citizenship. Otherwise you will need to reside in Turkey with a residence permit for 5 years to be able to obtain Turkish citizenship.

Regards
Av. Gamze SHARMAN

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Thank you Ser Dar,but does anyone know the answer? My case is very simple:

I'm a 23 year old Australian male
born in Australia
live in Australia
have Turkish born father/grandfather
wish to acquire citizenship

As per Ser Dar, I guess I'm under the foreigner category. Does anyone know what the law says regarding age limitation & army service for this group?

Thank you.
Mike.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
How to get Turkish work visa after marrying with my turkish boyfriend Konuk Turkish Law 9 17-03-2012 18:39
Turkish civil liability and Turkish contract law Question Turkish Law 8 29-08-2011 08:51
Dual nationality/birth registration Ceylan Turkish Law 5 26-07-2007 15:10
Turkish Traffic Law Alessio Turkish Law 1 17-08-2003 23:53
Turkish Citizenship Law Kathy Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:48

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,05102110 saniyede 16 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.