Divorce

Yanıt
Old 17-02-2016, 22:35   #121
Av.Kadir ORUÇ

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hello, I hope someone is out there

So, my Turkish "bf" started divorce procedure with his wife last summer. They both live abroad but they got married in Turkey.

He told me they hired attorneys and that in November there was a hearing after which the judge gave them 7 weeks to change their minds... (neither of them were present, just their lawyers).

So, my question is, is this a regular practice? And what happens now after 7 weeks have passed assuming neither of them changed their minds (its been almost a month now) .. He told me they will have to go personally to the court but he hasnt spoken about any date .. So I would just like to be on the safe side ..

Also, does 300 days rule apply only to women ?

Thanks a lot, any answer is appreciated...
Dear Konuk (Guest),

Although I have no idea in what stage of the case you mentioned, I have regarded useful to try to answer your questions.

According to the Turkish Civil Procedure Code, in the first hearing (preliminary examination hearing), the Judge determines whatever issues the parties agreed on or not, one by one. After that, the Judge calls the parties to reconciliation. If the Judge considers a possibility of reconciliation on the disputed issues, he/she gives to the parties (plaintiff and defendant) a fixed period of time. Although it has been specified by the law, it depends on the situations and discretion of Judge.

If the parties can not reconciliate anyway, the Judge hears all the evidences and renders a decision at the end of proceeding. But first of all, the plaintiff is the one who has to evidence his/her case. I mean, every plaintiff, has to prove his/her assertions primarily.

I could’t understand what you mean by “being on the safe side”.

After a woman divorced and the decision of divorcement finalized, if she wants to marry someone else, she has to wait 300 days (because of possibility of pregnancy from her ex-husband). So males have no such an obligation (Don't let law-maker hear!). But if a divorced woman wants to marry within a shorter period than 300 days, she may get a medical report under the control of the court, and if it appears by the report that she is not pregnant, she may get married then. (Please look here:http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/serh.php?did=12426)

Best regards

Kadir ORUÇ
Attorney
Old 12-04-2016, 09:52   #122
Konuk

Varsayılan A few questions

I am a Canadian who has been married to a Turkish man since 1998 and have one child with him. I have recently been notified that he has started divorce proceedings in Turkiye where we were married.

We have been separated for over 14 years now. The initial reason for separation was that her pulled a knife and threatened me. After we separated, he left our city of residence in Canada for another, met and married a British woman religiously and now lives in the UK with her and their children.

I do not consent to divorce on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. Am I able to counter-claim on grounds of desertion, cruelty or adultery?

Also, can I ask the courts for him to reimburse me for student loans that were taken out in my name for him to pursue post-secondary studies? (at the time he was not a Canadian citizen and could not receive student loans).

I am aware that he owns property in the UK and in Turkiye that more than likely has been put in his religious wife's name or in other family members names. How does one prove he is hiding assets?

Custody was granted to me in Canada 14 years ago, does he have the right to challenge the Canadian custody order in Turkish courts during divorce proceedings? (My daughter has always lived in Canada with me)

Lastly, am I able to ask for financial support for myself after such a long separation? For years I did not know his whereabouts and it was only through some internet detective work I was able to locate him in the UK and have a child support order obtained in Canada enforced. If financial support is granted by Turkish courts and he does not comply, can it be enforced in the UK by the Turkish officials as it has with Canadian officials for his child support?

I would be grateful for any insight anyone might have on any of the above mentioned questions. Thank you.
Old 15-04-2016, 15:52   #123
Av.Kadir ORUÇ

Varsayılan A Few Questions

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
I am a Canadian who has been married to a Turkish man since 1998 and have one child with him. I have recently been notified that he has started divorce proceedings in Turkiye where we were married.

We have been separated for over 14 years now. The initial reason for separation was that her pulled a knife and threatened me. After we separated, he left our city of residence in Canada for another, met and married a British woman religiously and now lives in the UK with her and their children.

I do not consent to divorce on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. Am I able to counter-claim on grounds of desertion, cruelty or adultery?

Also, can I ask the courts for him to reimburse me for student loans that were taken out in my name for him to pursue post-secondary studies? (at the time he was not a Canadian citizen and could not receive student loans).

I am aware that he owns property in the UK and in Turkiye that more than likely has been put in his religious wife's name or in other family members names. How does one prove he is hiding assets?

Custody was granted to me in Canada 14 years ago, does he have the right to challenge the Canadian custody order in Turkish courts during divorce proceedings? (My daughter has always lived in Canada with me)

Lastly, am I able to ask for financial support for myself after such a long separation? For years I did not know his whereabouts and it was only through some internet detective work I was able to locate him in the UK and have a child support order obtained in Canada enforced. If financial support is granted by Turkish courts and he does not comply, can it be enforced in the UK by the Turkish officials as it has with Canadian officials for his child support?

I would be grateful for any insight anyone might have on any of the above mentioned questions. Thank you.

Dear Konuk (Guest),

First of all, if the petition of lawsuit has been notified to you “formally”, there will be some legal effects of it. If you haven't answered the petition, that means you deny all the facts set forth in the petition. But normally any defendant has a right to answer the petition and submit his/her evidences or evidence list within two weeks after notification.

If you have been notified of the case formally and missed the answering period, you have a right to submit your evidences to the court until the first (preliminary examination) hearing at the latest.

If you neglect to answer or submit your evidences, the proceeding will continue with the evidences of the plaintiff. So as a general rule he must prove his assertions (that you are faulty, or at least you have fault beside him) in being shaken of the marriage.

You can submit your counter-claims beside your defences in the divorcement case opened by your husband. Besides, you can open another case (or counter-case within due time) against him. One of the courts must unite the two cases. It may reject the first one and may accept the second one after hearing both of them.

I also think that you can even start divorce proceeding in Canada or in England beside Turkey. These are the issues of "private international law" and "conflict of laws" you had better to counsel to the lawyers in your country.

The verdict granted you in Canada about custody, has to be approved by a Turkish court in order to be effective in Turkey. Then it must be submitted to the court which proceeding is being held against you so that the court doesn't render a new decision about the child custody.

But alteration of custody by the court is possible any time according to the best interest of the child.

Turkish authorities have no power in England in execution of a verdict rendered by them. You must make them approved by British courts (I am not sure about their procedure though) in order them to be effective there and the decisions may only be executed by British authorities.

You can claim compensation for your material and spiritual damages and alimony for yourself in divorcement case (please click here: http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/serh.php?did=12514) until the decision is rendered. But it is in discretion of the court according to the situations.

I do not think you can do anything legally about the properties you mentioned and registered on the name of other persons.

In Turkey, if child support debtor does not fulfil his or her obligation, he or she is punished upto three months imprisonment upon complaint of creditor. I do not know if there is such a practice in England.

I must remind you that you must not depend solely upon the information given here.

As a result, I advise you to appoint an attorney competent in family law for the case in Turkey and counsel lawyers in Canada competent in family law and private international law about all these matters.

Best regards.

Kadir ORUÇ
Attorney
Old 22-08-2016, 23:56   #124
Konuk

Önemli Inquiry about alimony

Hello , I have a question please , both me and my wife are Iraqis , we currently live in Turkey , we have international protection residency for refuges
I want to file for a divorce , I'm not sure if she's going to accept or not , we are both unemployed , we have two children , we have no properties , I have some savings in my bank account which she didn't participate in that I use together with some financial aid offered by my family abroad to cover our expenses , so my question is , will she be entitled to get a share of my bank account and how much would that share be ? , and must I pay alimony for her and how much ? , and how much child support should I pay for my children ?
Thank you
Old 18-03-2017, 15:48   #125
Av. Muhammed Kuş

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hello , I have a question please , both me and my wife are Iraqis , we currently live in Turkey , we have international protection residency for refuges
I want to file for a divorce , I'm not sure if she's going to accept or not , we are both unemployed , we have two children , we have no properties , I have some savings in my bank account which she didn't participate in that I use together with some financial aid offered by my family abroad to cover our expenses , so my question is , will she be entitled to get a share of my bank account and how much would that share be ? , and must I pay alimony for her and how much ? , and how much child support should I pay for my children ?
Thank you

Alimony claims are subject to customary law of the alimony creditor where they live. So court will applied the Turkish Law for alimony. According to Turkish law you have to support your child, the amounts depends on what you earn and what you have. About your bank account, the result depends on Iraqies law. If according to your law you have to share what you have while divorcing, then you are gonna pay.
As a result alimony depends on what Turkish law says, which you have to pay alimony month to month. However, about bank account, we need to look the Iraqies law
Kind regards.
Old 11-09-2023, 19:14   #126
Konuk

Varsayılan

Hello, am from Kenya, last yr I got married to a turkish resident...his not turkish citizen, we got married in kenya so not registered in Turkey, after 2 or 3 mths he flew back to turkey and divorced me on a WhatsApp message , living me totally in shock and stranded, How can I report him? His a resident not turkish citizen.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
divorce mary Turkish Law 12 22-10-2009 16:05
Getting Divorce in Turkey Corey Turkish Law 1 23-06-2006 17:04
Divorce Pernille Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 17:06
Divorce Steven Mazel Turkish Law 2 30-01-2002 17:05
Divorce Pernille Turkish Law 1 30-01-2002 16:55

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,05164695 saniyede 16 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.