Üye İsmi
Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Help Please-Marriage

Yanıt
Old 25-09-2002, 14:17   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Help Please

Please can you give me some advice. I am a British lady with a 2year old british daughter, my husband is Turkish. We wish to emigrate back to Turkey but I have a couple of concerns about Turkish Law:-
1. If we were to split up i.e. I want to go back to the UK does my husband automatically get custody over our child, i.e. does the man have automatic control/custody over the child?

2. If we own a house over in Turkey and it is in both our names, or let's say just in his name does he get the whole house if we were to split, what rights do I have over property?

3. The same question with regards to savings that is either in a non turkish bank or a turkish bank I heard from someone that he gets 75% and I get 25% of the assets/money is this true.

I think i need to speak to a lawyer who practices in Turkish Domestic/Civil Law but don't know how to find one.
Thank you for your help
Old 30-09-2002, 19:31   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

greetings,
1.In case of divorce and the presence of children, the Turkish civil law has given a discretionary power to judge.Therefore the judge shall assess the circumstances, specifically the own interests of the children and give the custody judgment in line with these concerns.In general practice, little children's custody is given to mother.
2.As regards your marriage (especially the date) the seperation of the property rule should prevail.This implies that the owner of the asset shall keep it with himself/herself after the divorce.If both of you hold the proprietorship then the decree will be the seperation of the ownership.
3.I have not come across such a practice, in fact the answer to the second question is apllicable in this case either.

Good luck
Old 02-10-2002, 13:21   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan Help Please

Thank you for your advice, so what you are basically saying with regard to assets is make sure everything is in both names.

Kind regards
Old 02-10-2002, 20:41   #4
Konuk

Varsayılan

obviously! moreover, having them solely in your name is naturally more advantegous for you to evade any transactions allegedly to be conducted by the other spouse before the marriage is over.
Old 03-12-2002, 13:15   #5
Konuk

Varsayılan

If my boyfriend lives in my apartment, he is Turkish I'm English, does he have common law rights. The apartment is in Turkey
Old 17-12-2002, 17:36   #6
Konuk

Önemli

Konuk: do you mean whether English Common Law rules would apply? Obviously not. The Common Law has no relevance in Turkey. In Turkey only Turkish law applies, and your boyfriend acquires no rights over you or your apartment by living there.
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
Marriage Law Konuk Turkish Law 47 18-03-2017 16:12
Legal Age For Adulthood /marriage Konuk Turkish Law 4 28-06-2006 22:19
Marriage Law Konuk Turkish Law 2 18-04-2006 19:05
Passport and Marriage-Age limits Konuk Turkish Law 8 12-05-2003 15:09
Forced Marriage For Men? Concerned Turkish Law 6 28-05-2002 02:24

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,04268003 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.