Şifre

Turkish Law English forum dedicated to Turkish Law

Rent raising

Yanıt
Old 14-01-2007, 13:55   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Rent raising

hello !
i'm vincent, i've been working in istanbul for one year, and this is my second year. i've been living in the same flat since my arrival (1 sept 2005), with a 550 YTL rent.
yesterday, my owner sent me a letter : he says he raises the rent by 150 YTL, "according to our agreement from 01-09-06"
the problem is :
- when i took the flat i was told by the estate agent that 'may be' the rent would be increased by 10% (ie. 55 YTL) after one year
- i didn't saw my owner or talk to him on the 01-09-06 (i wasn't even in istanbul), so there's no 'agreement from 01-09-06'
- i saw him in october or november (because of some water problems in the building) and he didn't mentioned this raise
- he says the raise is retroactive, so i'm in debt of 750 YTL
- and he wants me to pay a 700 YTL rent starting from february
so i have some questions for the lawyers here :
- i believe he has the right to do this raise ? but isn't it limited ?
- can he inform me 5 months after and ask to be paid at once ?
thanks for the help !

PS: when i signed for the flat, i was told the renting contract was a standard one. the only handwritten information are names, addresses, rent, deposit, bank id.
Old 14-01-2007, 21:07   #2
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Dear Vincent,

The agreement clause regarding the raise of rental is applicable for the ensuing first extension period.(1 year) That is to say if the rent is envisaged to be raised for %10 of the total then your payment should be 605 YTL for the seocnd rental term.For the next 2 terms(each 1 year) the rental can be raised in line with the inflation rates.
Old 15-01-2007, 18:56   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan

i finally negociated a 10% raise
thanks a lot for the information !
vincent
Yanıt

Şu anda Bu Konuyu Okuyan Ziyaretçiler : 1 (0 Site Üyesi ve 1 konuk)

Konu Araçları Konu İçinde Arama
Konu İçinde Arama:

Detaylı Arama

Forum Listesi

Benzer Konular
Konu Konuyu Başlatan Forum Yanıt Son Mesaj
rent increase valou Turkish Law 4 09-08-2006 17:49

THS Sunucusu bu sayfayı 0,03458309 saniyede 14 sorgu ile oluşturdu.

Türk Hukuk Sitesi (1997 - 2016) © Sitenin Tüm Hakları Saklıdır. Kurallar, yararlanma şartları, site sözleşmesi ve çekinceler için buraya tıklayınız. Site içeriği izinsiz başka site ya da medyalarda yayınlanamaz. Türk Hukuk Sitesi, ağır çalışma şartları içinde büyük bir mesleki mücadele veren ve en zor koşullar altında dahi "Adalet" savaşından yılmayan Türk Hukukçuları ile Hukukun üstünlüğü ilkesine inanan tüm Hukukseverlere adanmıştır. Sitemiz ticari kaygılardan uzak, ücretsiz bir sitedir ve her meslekten hukukçular tarafından hazırlanmakta ve yönetilmektedir.