Mesajı Okuyun
Old 24-11-2006, 16:09   #1
Bill

Önemli Need information regarding divorce and property

Dear Friends ,

I am British with Turkish Citizenship and my wife is Turkish with British citizenship. We have a child which holds both Citizenships as well .We have been married for 12 years now. Unfortunately we have come to a point in our marriage where we can no longer get on and I wish to know the best way to proceed. We purchased a house here where I paid for it but as the house does not have proper tapu "has land tapu but not building tapu yet , has electricity,gas etc and apparently this is normal in Istanbul" it had to be put solely in my wifes name "I did not have citizenship at the time". I have discussed having the house in both of our names but she has told me that it is not possible because of the Tapu topic. I want to leave the house and rent an appartment and then file for a divorce but I don't know if I would have more rights if I stay in the house or leave . Also my wife has never worked thus had no income so this should prove that the money for the house came from me. In a divorce who would get the house ? Also how would the courts decide who gets custidy of my child. Would it be possible for me to bring her to England as she has a passport ? Any advice you can provide on the best way for me to proceed would be greatly appreciated