Konu: Divorce
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 06-07-2006, 15:20   #29
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
My questions:
What does he have to do to get divorced?
Is this expensive? Do you know approximate price?
How long does this formality take?
And once the divorce is finalized, is there a waiting period to get married again?

Thanks for your help.

Hello, i've graduated from the faculy about a month ago, i don't know the practical process of law in the courts as well as the other users who have been executing attorneyship for a long time, but i'll try to help you by what i learned from my theoretical books.

The decision of foreign courts can not be automatically recognized in Turksh law. You have to apply to the Turksh courts for the recongition of the decision of the German court. The entitled court that you will apply is the one where your Turkish citizen husband's domicile is. You will have to add some documents in your petition while applying to the court. These are mainly;

the writ of the German court's decision and the formal translation of it. The document of the German adminstrative units' confirmation that makes the decision of the court absolute and its formal tranlation.

When you apply to the Turkish court for making the German court's decision recognized, it will be be recognized after a short while unless you commit documents lack of i counted above. You can freely get married with your Turkish man after the recognizing decision of the Turkish court.

The other experienced attonneys of the forum know it better than me if it's expensive or not to hire a lawyer for this process. But in my opinion, it wouldn't be that expensive to take the recognization decision of a court that may be given even in just a single session(but of course the other members know it better than i do)

The waiting period is needed for only women after their divorcements and that's 300 days from the day when the divorcement decision is given. But men don't have to wait this period for getting married with another one after their divorcements, so you can get married with your Turkish man just after the Turkish court's recognizing decision.

I hope i could help you a bit, i would be pleased to answer if you have some more questions to be asked

King regards