Konu: Divorce
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 19-06-2006, 12:22   #27
Av. Bülent Sabri Akpunar

Varsayılan

Please find below the answers in order of the date of questioning;
Alıntı:

my wife and i met here in engloand, fell in love and got married under uk law. she is turkish and i am also a feoreign national. now under the complexities of turkish matrimonial laws, is our marriage valid...even in turkey?

1. Your marriage is valid even in Turkey.
-----------------------------------
Alıntı:
Is it true that if one files for divorce in Turkey, one may not cancel the divorce action or withdraw the petition for divorce? And that if one withdraws the petition, one may never file again?

2. One can withdraw the petition for divorce, this is not true he/she may not file the case again neither.
------------------------------

Alıntı:
Hi. My long term partner is a Turkish Citizen but lives here in England, where we met. He is married in Turkey but has not been home in 6 years. Please could you provide me with information as to how to go about him getting a divorce. He is worried she will run off with the children if he gets a divorce. Please advise me. Thank you.

3.Your partner may file the divorce case and the issue of the custody shall be decided by the judge.The sole decision of divorce does not grant with one spouse to take the children, unless the custody question is resolved by the Court'.Also one who has been deprived of the custody has got the right to establish personal relations with the children.
------------------------------------------------
Alıntı:

hi
i am iraqi man married to a turkish women and she said that she will make the divorce and i really dont like to divorce her can she do the divorce alone or i should be there
and if she make it how i can know that she make it

4.She may not get a divorce decision on her own, at least you would have been notified of a case of divorce without which the proceedings could not continue.
---------------------------------------------------

Alıntı:

hi,
i met and got married to my turkish wife in england. i am a foreign national living here. we have been married for close to 2 years now. when can i apply for turkish citizenship?

5.You may acquire Turkish nationality by applying for the Turkish Consulate in case you met the requirements below:
-you have been married for at least 3 years,
-you are "actually" living together,
-you are currently married
----------------------------------
Alıntı:

i just got divorced in USA...how do I get a divorce in turkey? we are both turkish citizens now living in USA.
thanks.

6. You can appy for the competent Turkish Court for the enforcement of the divorce decision decreed by the American Court.You will need the assistance of a Turkish Attorney.
----------------------------------------

Alıntı:

Hello,me(swedish citizen)and my birlikte oturan (turkish citizen) is planning to marry,we live in sweden,and she will be swe citizen one year later,she will have dual citizenship.We will marry in turkey,in a "town city hall".IF we will divorce one day in our life,what laws will be suitable for us?swedish laws or turkish laws?

7.Imho, law of the common residence, as you have mentioned to be Sweden, Swedish law will be applied for your marriage.Religional marriage is not a stipulation nor a necessity in Turkish law, just an optional ceremony for religious people.