Konu: Marriage Law
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 12-10-2007, 17:43   #23
Konuk

Varsayılan Marriage Law

Please someone advice me, married Turkish husband in Australia 11 years ago, 2 years later we moved to Turkey because he got in trouble with the law (was arrested for assault and released on bail, but never returned for his trial hearing).

Even though he was running from the law, I agreed to the move for fear he would go to jail and because by then we had a child. But 3 months after arriving in Turkey, he said he was not happy with me in Turkey and he sent us back, literally disposed of us without even asking me or working out any separation/divorce agreement. I have not seen or heard from him in about 9 years. Do I have any rights to alimony and child support?. I am not certain since we only lived together 2 years,also,can I just divorce him in Australia, will the judgement by an Australian court be enforceable in Turkey, and how would an Australian judge base his decision with respect to financial obligation when my husband will not come to Australia due to his legal problem and would never agree to submit his financial information?. Must I come to Turkey if I want financial support?.I am not rich and don't know that I could afford 2 lawyers...also I would be afraid for my safety in Turkey as he threaten me once and said he would transfer all his money to family members.

I did not go after him before because I was able to manage, but recently I lost my job and I need some help until I can get back on my feet.