Konu: Divorce
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 20-10-2009, 16:39   #73
iskender

Acil divorce

I would like to ask a few things about getting divorce when being married to a turkish lady. I am a greek citizen and in 2002 i got married to a turkish lady in Ankara. Before that we already had a daughter. Both the marriage and the baby's birth are registered in Turkey. Unfortunatelly our wedding didnt last for long and we both now agree for getting a divorce.We have agreed about the terms of the divorce. There are a few issues though: a)The merriage is not registered in Greece but only in Turkey. b) I live in Greece and she (together with our daughter) lives in Turkey c) i dont wish to travel in Turkey for getting the divorce
1)I read some messages of other non turkish citizens and if i understood correctly, if i want to get the divorce i need to come to Turkey. Is this 100% right?? Here in Greece if it is about a divorce that both parties agree on the terms then NO ONE (no matter the nationality)of them are forced to be present in the court, but only the lawyer that represents them.How do the turkish courts work?
2) can we take the divorce in Greece (if we will register the marriege here first) and then register it to the turkish courts (for example via a new trial, where my wife will present the desision of the greek court with the translations etc etc)?
3)When i got married in Turkey there wasnt a translator in the Office (where the whole proceedjure was in turkish language-i dont understand the turkish language). Is this a reason for a marrige cancelation?
4)my wife had told me that if both parties agree then they can take an "express divorce" which can be taken after 1-2 months(or even less) since applying for it. A couple of hours ago she sent me an sms and told me that the lawyer called her and told her that the goverment will change the turkish law and the divorces in short times will be canceled and from november 17 divorce processes will be taking 2,5 years! Is this true??? Can such a thing happen when both parties agree for getting divorced and especially when the one of them is foreigner?
Thank you