Mesajı Okuyun
Old 12-01-2005, 06:00   #2
Konuk

Varsayılan

my husband is turkish.we met in a turkish holiday resort and have been married for 6 years.he has lived in england for the last 5 years(IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO GET HIM HERE).you need to get married in turkey.he can arrange his legal checks but you will not be able to book the wedding in advance.you will need a certificate of no legal impediment-from your local registry office,your birth certificate,and any divorce papers(all .translated into turkish).you then go to turkey,visit his local registry office and hope to god they will marry you during your stay.some areas require you both to be aids tested.check this out before u go.its not easy-in alanya,where i was married it was a nitemare-but a friend of mine had few problems in izmir.after the marriage your husband will need to apply to the british consulate in istanbul for a visa.he will need an appointment-could take up to ,6 mths to get this.you can call the consulate yourself to check out waiting times etc.you will need to collate bank statements,proof of income and savings,proof of suitable accomodation for you both to live in -and proof of job etc.you should then go with him to the consulate for his appointment-take with u wedding photos,etc.and learn as much as u can about his family etc.u will be quizzed.it helps if u meet his family or they attend the wedding.they should give him his visa there and then,i had problems because i didnt know all this b4.good luck!!!!!
PS.he must have completed his military service
PPS.I LOVE MY HUSBAND VERY MUCH,WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER,A FAB HOME,AND HE WORKS VERY HARD,AND WE ARE VERY HAPPY....BUT...MARRIAGE TO A TURKISH MAN IS NOT EASY.THEY ARE VERY JEALOUS AND POSSESIVE,HAVE WICKED TEMPERS,WEIRD IDEAS,STRANGE CUSTOMS AND BELIEFS AND IT IS HARD FOR THEM TO GET ON HERE IN ENGLAND.TWO OF MY FRIENDS MARRIAGES HAVE FINISHED AFTER A FEW MONTHS.PLEASE BE CAREFUL.I HOPE THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU BOTH.