Mesajı Okuyun
Old 14-01-2009, 13:36   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Health and Safety

I currently act for a personal injury Claimant who suffered a serious injury when slipping on the main marble stairway in a hotel in Hisaronu, Turkey. My Client was proceedings down the main stairway in order to attend the dining area for breakfast when she suddenly slipped on the wet floor.

The hotel had a cleaning policy which consisted of hosing down the marble stairway in the morning. The cleaners had not placed warning signs in close proximity to the stairway, although our client was aware that the steps were wet, however, she had no alternative but to use the stairs to attend the dining area.

For the avoidance of doubt, the steps had no non slip grips on the steps.

My question related to the standard imposed upon hotels in Turkey in relation to such procedures and whether by hosing down the stairs the hotel itself is compliant with local standards. My view is that the hosing of the marble stairway just before guests are to use the stairs to visit the dining area is dangerous and wonder whether such a procedure would be considered dangerous under Turkish Law.

I would very much appreciate any assistance/comments in relation to my query.

Thank you.