Mesajı Okuyun
Old 26-09-2011, 16:26   #3
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
I have been visiting Turkey for a number of years. It has become a growing concern of mine that often 15 year old girls and those younger, travelling to Turkey for their holidays, are having sexual relationships with older Turkish boys/men.
It makes me feel sick to my stomach.
In the UK this behaviour would be illegal and unacceptable. It would land the older party a listing on the sex offenders register and often a custodial sentence.
So my question is, what is the age of sexual consent in Turkey? What does the Judical system in Turkey do about those who break this law?
Thanks

Dear guest,

I should first inform you that Turkish penal code can't be considered a lighter one while comparing to the British legislation. On the contrary, Turkish Penal law that has been in force since 2005 is criticized due to the drastic sanctions defined towards the offenses against the sexual immunities.

Regarding your question;

Way more innocent-considerable behaviours towards the minors under 15 are liable up to 8 years of imprisonment penalty in Turkish law, let alone having sexual relationships.

In the event of a sexual relationship with a minor under 15, the imprisonment shall be increased up to 15 years by the court.

For the teenagers over 15, sexual relations are consentual so that the penal proceedings shall only be started upon a report of the victim. In such a case, a person who has a sexual relationship with a teenage between 15 and 18 is liable to an imprisonment up to 2 years.

Hope to have enlightened you.

Best wishes.