Konu: Divorce
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 26-12-2011, 02:00   #106
Konuk

Varsayılan divorce

Hello,

I am Turkish, I also have British nationality. I live in UK. I got married to an Englishman in UK in 2001 and then I registered the marriage by simply showing my marriage certificate from UK to the Nufus Idaresi in my home town so that they changed my Id card with the new surname and my status to married. I did NOT marry in Turkey. I do NOT have aile cuzdani.

Now I am in the process of a divorce with my husband. We have been seperated for 2 years.I have a 4 year old son We have agreed on everything both financially and the care for the child. Once I get my decree absolute here in UK I could remarry again without any waiting period.
My questions are;
1) What is the procedure for me in Turkey? Do I still need to get divorced in Turkey although I never married there? Or is it enough just to show my divorce certificate to the Nufus Idaresi and register there and get a new ID with my old surname?
2) I have a Turkish boyfriend now who lives in Turkey and would like to get married to me as soon as possible. I have read a law about women in Turkey needing to wait for 300 days before remarrying. When I divorce would I need to wait this time too? I can remarry in UK immediately after my divorce. Would it cause a problem for Turkish law if my boyfriend came over here and then we get married here without waiting the 300 days? We could register the marriage in Turkey in the future like I did before in my first marriage.
Thanks