Mesajı Okuyun
Old 31-10-2009, 16:12   #1
Konuk

Varsayılan Business help needed - urgently

I am a British person now living in Turkey. I bought some shares of a hotel business from a Turkish friend at the end of the year. Everything was all above board and I got 12.5 per cent of the business. I worked on the hotel preparing it for the season and it opened. I worked 7 days a week in it without wages. The trouble arose when I asked about some money from the profits to live on. I was told there was very little and was given 2750 lire in July and the same again in September. Then I was informed that there was no more and that it was nice doing business with you but our arrangement was over. I have since learned that he has done the same thing with another person. I know that verbal contracts, if substantiated, are accepted by the Turkish courts, and I can show beyond any doubt that we entered into such a contract, but where do I stand??? In my country this would be classed as theft by deception and there would be no hesitation in the police arresting and charging him with such however, can I rely on the police to do the same here?? Can I hold him to this contract??? Doesn't he have to buy the shares back off me at the going rate before any partnership can be dissolved??? As the season has now ended he intends to take whatever profits there are, and I calculate them to be substantial, and salt them away. HELP!!!!