Mesajı Okuyun
Old 05-10-2006, 19:07   #2
Tiocfaidh

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Question
Hi, I have some questions regarding Turkish law.
Alıntı:
Yazan Question

(1) How long is the statute of limitations for a tort claim such as fraud and deceit?

(2) Does Turkish law recognize a claim for the intentional infliction of emotional distress?

(3) In the U.S. the "statute of frauds" requires that an oral agreement for employment lasting more than 1 year must be in writing. Does Turkish law also require that such a contract has to be in writing?

(4) How long is the statute of limitations for breach of an employment contract?

Thank you very much!

Dear Question, I'll try to answer the questions one by one as you numbered.

(1)A contract, which is done by a person whose will was weaken or broken by someone else, can be sued to be rendered invalid within one year from the day of the tort. If the person figures out that he/she was tricked or weaken by someone else later, the process of statute of limitation begins from the date when he/she figures it out. Yet, the holder of this right(the tort claimer) can't apply to the court after the prescription of 10 years from the contracture.

(2)Yes it does. A contract which was signed by an emotionally, mentally or psychologically distress inflicted person, can be claimed and sued to be rendered invalid in the court.

(3)Yes, Turkish labor law has almost the same requirements for an employment contract with US law. An employment contract has to be drawn up in writing if it’s agreed that it won’t last within one year.

(4)If it concerns with dismissal pay and other compansations, it’s one year from the date when the employment contract was breached(yet the person can’t claim any rights after 10 years).

Excuse my grammar and vocabulary mistakes dear Question. Sadly, I couldn’t do better than this due to my sickness(flu) and inexperience at practical law(as a new graduate).

Best wishes