Mesajı Okuyun
Old 21-01-2008, 18:06   #3
Konuk

Varsayılan visit to turkish married friend

hi,
I wish to find out law with regards to adultery. I met a turkish man online as friend and he was living alone then. he did say the muslim word 'divorce' to his wife and she went to stay with her parents. They were planning to go through the court processing.

Both of us did became great friends and chat online everyday for the past 4 months. We did plan to meet up. But I did encourage him to take back his wife and try the marriage again. After some times, they agreed and she moved back to him. they also went back to the imam to redo their vow.

now the important question is, if I go to turkey to meet and visit him, does the wife have the right to call the police and jailed both of us? Coz she did have evidence of us chatting about sex in the message archive. in fact, she even threaten him with a knife recently and threaten me that if I go to turkey, she will call the police.

coz I did read about this in your forum...

At the moment, there is not such an offence in turkey. The articles laying down adultery in the old -but still in effect till April- penal law which were abolished by the Constitutional Court in 1988 was like this: "

Alıntı:
Art. 441 : "If a married man is found to have kept a single woman in his own house or somewhere common should be sentenced to 6 months up to three years imprisonment. The accomplice woman who has been knowingly associated in crime shall be punished in the same extent"

Is turkey police following this law or they are still as backward as Malaysia police where they can have 'muslim police' to catch people to put into jail? just because they find a couple who are not married but meet together?

I do not wish to get my friend into trouble unneccessary. Or loses my freedom due to a woman's accusations. can you kindly advice?

Or should I bring along a friend or relative to visit to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding? coz my turkish friend did plan to rent a house for me to stay coz cheaper than hotel for 2 weeks stay. but if I bring along another female friend, will the police still act according to old law? I am very worried... please advice.

cocoanna