Mesajı Okuyun
Old 07-03-2015, 10:16   #6
Av. Gamze Akderin

Varsayılan

Alıntı:
Yazan Konuk
Hi

I need to register my divorce in Turkey but my Turkish lawyer wants to see some sort of wording in the Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage saying that "final judgment has been made in such and such day within such and such law and its final and no appeal" but in Illinois, they dont do that, according to law in Illinois, Judgment for Dissolution of a Marriage final so thats why they dont put wording like that into Judgment so what I should do? has anybody experienced something like this and what did you do? please help.

Thanks.

Dear TSA,

This is a very common problem we face at Turkish courts when we file a case for enforcement of a foreigner court's decision. Sometimes this problem occurs because in the Turkish translation of the court's judgement is wrong.

However in your case, you are mentioning that the court of Illinois did not put into their decision that this judgement was finalized.

Is there any chance to ask the court of Illinois to get this decision explained or request a documentation from court of Illinois that both parties of the divorce case did not take this decision to the Supreme / High court in written form? Can you make such a request and maybe they explain this with a separate documentation?

Is there any chance to ask the court of Illinois to get this decision explained in written form. Can you make such a request and maybe they explain this with a separete documentation?

If this is definetely not possible, your lawyer will need to find the relevant law from state of Illinois that says the divorce cases are not taken to Supreme/High court and they are finalized as they are and get a official/sworn translation of this law prepared to be able to convince the Turkish court.

Best Regards,
Attorney Gamze Sharman