Mesajı Okuyun
Old 02-12-2009, 19:36   #2
Konuk anatolian tiger

Varsayılan

I understand that you do not want to do national service in Turkey, and for what it takes you do not care about citizenship?

First of all I advise you to go to the Turkish consulate in London or in Edinburgh, addresses are follows

28 Rutland Square
Edinburgh
Midlothian
Scotland
EH1 2BW
Phone: 0131 221 6590

Rutland Lodge, Rutland Gardens, Knightsbridge, LONDON SW7 1BW
Tel:020 7589 0949 Fax:020 7591 6911 E-Mail: turkishconsulate@btconnect.com

Secondly, I understand a bit unreliable in your action and fear to go to Turkey. Because as a double nationality person you have right to defer national service untill the age of 38....

Also, yes you can always go to Turkey as a tourist Brisitish citizen, but you have to issue visa in the airport and if somehow you stay longer without permission as a tourist, you may be prosecuted....

I advice you to think twice, before cancelling your Turkish citizenship, because in that case, you will loose any rights that you may have/had/would have in Turkey....

So, I will tell you what my friends do in UK, -who have double nationality- they defer the military service untill 30s and then they just pay some money and go for it 1 month and enjoy.... Also they use turkish passport while going into Turkey and Uk passport for everywhere else. A honest suggestion for citizenship, just think by yourself, do not let friends or relatives etc to confuse your mind...

It is simple to defer it from the consulate, for any inquiries just ask to the consulate officers, they will be happy to guide you in the most appropriate way, honestly I did not understand why you were not able to go to Turkey because of military service!