Mesajı Okuyun
Old 06-07-2011, 16:12   #1
AydinAdn

Varsayılan Renunciation of Turkish citizenship / Military duty

Hi my names Aydin and I was born and raised in London, I'm a dual citizen and the Turkish government have record of my British citizenship. Both of my parents are Turkish and they registered me as a Turkish citizen when I was born, the problem is I'm now 20 years old, and I've no wish to do my military service wheather it be for a month or a year as I see no point in me paying £4,500 for the liberty of doing it when I don't live in the country, don't benefit from my citizenship in anyway, don't participate in any of it's elections and don't have any plans to move to Turkey either, so rationally speaking I don't see any perks of being a Turkish citizen even though I do love it's warm hearted people and the country its self.

I would like to know wheather it is possible for me to renounce my Turkish citizenship without me completing my Military duty, I want to carry on visiting Turkey and my family there, I hope someone can give me some pointers / advice on the steps taken to renounce my citizenship.

Thanks in advance
Aydin