Konu: divorce
Mesajı Okuyun
Old 11-09-2007, 19:12   #7
Konuk

Varsayılan divorce

hi, I'm hoping a lawyer will have an answer to my questions so that it can provide me with some guidance as to how to proceed as I am totally lost.

I have been married to a Turkish man for 2 years and separated for 20. He one day walked out on me and the children, but maintained limited contact (6 meetings in 20 years and occasional phone calls), he gave limited child support also during this time and it was mostly I who supported our children.

Neither he or I ever asked for divorce, but I recently discovered he married again (our marriage had never been registered in Turkey) and realize his marriage is illegal under Turkish law. I have asked him for a divorce, he has offered me a child settlement but nothing for me. Questions: am I, the spouse, entitled to any of the assets my husband made during the 20 years we were separated?. How does Turkish law interpret/distinguish sudden family abandonment versus separation?. How are child settlements based on under Turkish law, is it based on a percentage of the father's income/assets?. I believe what he is offering is very little according to his income. Also, is it possible for a lawyer to discover his exact income/assets?. As we have been separated for 20 years, I have no idea what he is worth, but I know he has become very wealthy during the time we have lived apart. Any help would be most welcome and appreciated.